No announcement yet.

Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of amp are you using currently? A Valvestate 8100 would be a bit of a "one-trick pony" compared to newer amps that can probably get very similar tones and have many more features. If you have a decent amp already, and pedals appeal to you, then I stand by my earlier suggestion of the Boss ME-50. There are older multi-effects pedals like the ART Xtreme, and the Korg HyperDistortion pedal too, which have great built-in EQs and are able to get that tone. However, they are old and getting hard to find. There are no newer pedals other than the ME-50 that I even considered, because I didn't want amp models out of a pedal. If you want models, you could consider the Digitech RP series. Just remember that you're talking about getting a tone from albums made several years ago, and that tone isn't typical of current pedals or amps.

I would suggest that you go here - http://www.harmony-central.com/User_Reviews - and search by manufacturer under both Guitar Amps and Effects. Some of the reviews are worthless, but some are well-written and helpful. See how people rate the gear that you see on eBay or elsewhere.
    sigpic

Comment

That's the main site I use for reviews ^-^

Well, I'm in the market for a new amp too actually. I was using a buddy of mines for... years, actually - but then he moved away and I got left with my original shitty little Cube. You're right, about the Boss ME-50 - I cannot find one for sale (new or used) anywhere. I know there's a "Market" on this forum that I need 100 posts to get to, I'm a little under halfway Haha.
      -- The Midnighter
      Administrate!

Comment

Have you guys ever tried out the Zoom G2? Are they available in the U.S.? Cos over here I think I paid 45GBP for it and it's surprisingly good for the money. OK so it's not something I'd gig with, mainly due to the patch selection but has lots of good sounds for recording / practice in the house etc...

It's got basic amp and cab modelling, there's a bunch of reviews over on Harmony Central.

Comment

Made In Canada. All of our effects pedals are designed and built entirely in our fully equipped shop, located in beautiful Montreal, Quebec

You won't pay anything for shipping either... they're based out of Sackville I believe. (Also, I've heard RAVE reviews about their shit... I know acouple of buddies who have #5, #36 etc of their production line, not really metal based though).

Or even better... is if you know someone who is good with electronics...

Other then that... I dunno, tone emulation is always near impossible, due to playing style / technique. (I'm surprised no-one has mentioned that yet). If you're looking for something really fun to play around with, just get the Boss GT8.

Comment

VS100 (8100?) halfstack - $424

When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

That's for that link 442w30 - I emailed him about it
              I'm checking out that pedal too, the Diamond one.. not so sure it's what I was looking for, but still looks pretty cool. Thanks again guys
              -- The Midnighter
              Administrate!

Comment

Nope, not an 8100. The VS100s were okay, but not as good as the original Valvestate series, IMO.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Maikeru View Post
                  That's for that link 442w30 - I emailed him about it
                  I'm checking out that pedal too, the Diamond one.. not so sure it's what I was looking for, but still looks pretty cool. Thanks again guys
                  Haha, not sure if it's what you're looking for? I pasted the link for the custom shop :P

Although, I've been thinking of buying their memory lane pedal... it's been a looong time since I heard such a killer delay.

Comment

Working...
                  X