Midi Controllable Rack Booster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi Controllable Rack Booster.

This was brought up in another thread and I thought that it should be a new subject. Lots of people boost their amp with pedals in front, problem is that when you want to switch to a clean channel, you end up pedal dancing. The question that came up was ::

Is there a good distortion/booster out there that has both midi capabilities so that it can be bypassed and also slapped in the rack. What is out there that has been proven to work well without having to result to pedals?

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Nothing like that to my knowledge. If it's MIDI, or rack mountable, it's a preamp. You could use a Marshall JMP-1 with it's lower than brutal distortion as it is pretty unique in being basically a MIDI/Rack mounted distortion box.

Best thing really, is find a pedal you like, put it in a rack drawer, and use a MIDI looper to insert it into the front end and bypass it as needed... Pretty common actually with the rack guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
      Nothing like that to my knowledge. If it's MIDI, or rack mountable, it's a preamp. You could use a Marshall JMP-1 with it's lower than brutal distortion as it is pretty unique in being basically a MIDI/Rack mounted distortion box.

Best thing really, is find a pedal you like, put it in a rack drawer, and use a MIDI looper to insert it into the front end and bypass it as needed... Pretty common actually with the rack guys.

Yeah, I am starting to find this out pretty quickly.... Unbelievable really...

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Theres a couple midi controlled rack mounted processors I know of that would probably fit the bill, but since I'm presently in the market for them I'll post a response here after I can snag one since they don't come up for sale to often.

Comment

Working...
        X