Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information on Carvin Vintage 16 amp

Hey guys,
    I'm really considering buying one of these. I know that a few of you have them and I remember seeing a few threads about them. I'd like to hear all your thoughts on these amps.

Thanks!

I like mine. Its got the hasserl mods and its not bad. Its not a metal amp by any means but it can get good rock sounds. The only thing I dont like is the lack of a loop. The 16 watts is pretty loud too. I paid like $350 shipped for mine used with the mods already done.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I'm looking for a chimey clean sounding amp that I can get some spank out of. How are the cleans on it? The loop is not an issue with me.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
        The loop is not an issue with me.
        now it might not be. but later it WILL. Choose wisely.
        Sam

Comment

The only effects I use is reverb, wah and the occassional overdrive/distortion. I think that this will be a great amp for me so far.

Comment

Its a great amp for cleans and dirties up nicely. I have JJs in it now . Look for one thats had the hasserl mod done to it. In a perfect world it would have a loop. The new 5 watt jsx has a loop but its pricey and I havent seen a used one yet. 16 watts is friggin loud too

Comment

I ended up buying a Fender Blues Junior instead. I played it at the local store and it had everything I was looking for. I was afraid to order the Carvin since I'd never played one and I had what I was looking sitting right in front of me for the same price. I hope that I made the right choice...

Comment

Working...
              X