• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just played through a killer rig!!!

This guitar:

into this amp:

into this cabinet:

Wow!!!! What a great setup! I was there today picking up an unloaded Port City 2x12 and decided to listen to the 1x12 cab. That cabinet was killer! It had enough lows to want to rattle the Badger off the cabinet That guitar is brilliant. Absolutely stunning in person, amazingly light, and sings like a bird.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

And that cash coming will help you to take it home!! Sweet!
    Nice when you hold a magical guitar. When everything comes together.
    I have been listening to the MP3's and all of them sound killer with these
    Suhr amps. Great stuff!

Comment

Nice, that's the 1st arched/carved top Suhr that I've seen without a gloss neck back. let me know how that Port City 2X12 sounds after you load it with drivers.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        This guitar:

into this amp:

into this cabinet:

Wow!!!! What a great setup! I was there today picking up an unloaded Port City 2x12 and decided to listen to the 1x12 cab. That cabinet was killer! It had enough lows to want to rattle the Badger off the cabinet That guitar is brilliant. Absolutely stunning in person, amazingly light, and sings like a bird.

I told yall those port city cabs were awesome long ago. Ive Abd them against some really nice cabs and it won everytime.
        Last edited by yard dawg; 05-16-2007, 09:56 PM.

Comment

i've got a port city 2x12 but its not the new wave cabinet.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
            i've got a port city 2x12 but its not the new wave cabinet.
            The wave cab is the best cab ive ever heard so far. Im planning on a 212 with 1 greenback and one v30

Comment

Hmm, I've been thinking about dumping my old 2x12s for years. Anyone have any opinions on fairly wide-range speakers that might mate well with Port City cabs?
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

The 1x12 I tried had a V30. I'm going to put some V30's in my 2x12.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
                  Hmm, I've been thinking about dumping my old 2x12s for years. Anyone have any opinions on fairly wide-range speakers that might mate well with Port City cabs?
                  They come stock with v30s .. You can get greenbacks also. I know the owner of the Company. If ya get one tell him I sent ya

Comment

Do they sell empty cabs? I'm thinking maybe Tone Tubbys.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
                      Do they sell empty cabs? I'm thinking maybe Tone Tubbys.
                      Yep, they do. They say call to ask for the price of empty cabs. Let me know if you do. I'm interested to see how much they're asking for those.

Comment

I paid 399 for the 2x12 - the guy at indoor storm said the 1x12 unloaded was 315.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          I paid 399 for the 2x12 - the guy at indoor storm said the 1x12 unloaded was 315.
                          Wow, great prices! Thanks for that Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                            Wow, great prices! Thanks for that Tim.
                            I thought so - I already have enough speakers so it was a no brainer for me.

- Newc

Comment

BTW, I highly recommend Indoor Storm. Eddie Berman is one of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. Also, he is fantastic guitarist as well - that dude could make a Squier Strat Pack sound killer. He does all the audio/video demos on their site.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X