Just played through a killer rig!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
    BTW, I highly recommend Indoor Storm. Eddie Berman is one of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. Also, he is fantastic guitarist as well - that dude could make a Squier Strat Pack sound killer. He does all the audio/video demos on their site.
    Did you grab the last 2x12? They don't have much left on their website. Or do they have more in stock that never shows up on the website?

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
      Did you grab the last 2x12? They don't have much left on their website. Or do they have more in stock that never shows up on the website?
      Indoor Storm can get them in a couple days. The dude from Port City sometimes drives the cabinets up - they're only about 90 minutes away. I got mine within a couple days. I had previously spoken with the owner at Port City and it sounded like they had plenty available so long as you don't opt for something that would be a custom order. The stuff in stock is black tolex with one of 4 or 5 baffle colors. I got a black and silver 2x12 like this 1x12:

It can definitely be cheaper to buy your own speakers than to buy the Port City cabs loaded if you get your speakers from some place like Avatar. I checked into buying a Bogner cabinet unloaded and that was not the case - it was still over $600 unloaded for a 2x12.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

$399 per on the 2x12 cabs direct from Port City but they'll discount shipping if you buy a pair.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I put a pair of V30's in my Port City 2x12 cab and did an A/B comparison with my Lopoline 2x12 cab and it the Port City cab is an easy winner. Much better clarity and tighter low end. The Lopoline has plenty of bottom end, it is just flubby. I am ordering another Port City 2x12.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I knew as soon as someone heard the port city cabs They would like them. Ive ABd port city cabs against alot of cabs and still havent found one better sounding to my ears. Maybe one day I will.

Comment

I have a new PC cab in house as we speak, loaded wih a cannabis rex and a red fang. Too bad I don't have an amp to play it through. I went from 2 amp heads to none in the same week. Damn. Now playing only through my Carr combo. Looking around for an amp head, and I think I've found one. I don't know what I look forward to hearing more, the amp or the cab.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                I have a new PC cab in house as we speak, loaded wih a cannabis rex and a red fang. Too bad I don't have an amp to play it through. I went from 2 amp heads to none in the same week. Damn. Now playing only through my Carr combo. Looking around for an amp head, and I think I've found one. I don't know what I look forward to hearing more, the amp or the cab.
                Take it to local shops and play every amp thru it and compare the stock cabs.

Comment

Working...
                X