No announcement yet.

Boogie Mark III Coliseum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thing is too loud for me. I ordered some tubes from Eurotubes and I will see how it sounds when I get them installed. I was not that crazy with the sound using the 2-4x12 half back speakers but I have not spent that much time tweaking.
    I may or may not sell it but I still like the idea of just owning one of the loudest tube amps even if I don't turn it past 3.
    No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Pix

I told my friend about this thread and he sent me this pix: I now recall the 4 switches IIRC only the Coliseum 300's had 4.. . were going back 20yrs
      Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Look at the condition of that cabinet!
        I know the picture is old but jeez...if I could find a cab in that condition....
        What about cabinets for the Coliseums? It seems for the time the half backs were the thing to have but what about other options? My recto cab does not sound bad with the Mark III but what about the RK cabinets?
        Last edited by Big Al; 05-22-2007, 09:02 PM.
        No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

If the sound isn't right yet, I'd say that's mostly because of failing tubes or you've not spent enough time tweaking yet. All marks are serious tweaking amps, there's no dial-&-play principle like most marshalls.

In about a month or so, when you've gotten to know it, you'll be in tone heaven.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

The MKIII is the hammer of the gods. They need to be dialed in though, it helps if you have someone around who knows Mesas. I played my friend's Green Stripe MKIII this weekend with him tweaking it. I bought myself one within two days. They really can do it all, and blow the fucking house down doing it. I can't even IMAGINE the power of the mighty Col. We had a mere 2x12 setup going and with the master on 3 I was in physical pain.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
            X