It's out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebisch View Post
    There is not a Fender clean in any Boogie.
    The F series comes close. I used to own an F-30 and got pretty good clean tones with its EL84s. I'm sure the F-50 and F-100 will do even better with their 6L6s.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
      My buddy at the local shop told me Friday they have one on order. He said expect around $1000 for the cab, $1800 for the head. Something I've thought about with the whole "getting the brown sound" thing, wouldn't the amp to get be the Marshall 1959HW? Isn't that a reissue of the infamous "plexi"? Just wondering.
      The way Eddie claims to have gotten his brown sound was take a JCM800 and take everything up to 10. I believe his Marshall cabs had Celestion V30s. As for the 5150III, I'd just as soon buy a 6505+. To me, an extra $600 or a $800 or whatever it works out to be isn't worth it for Eddies name on an amp plus 2 more 12AX7s.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
        The way Eddie claims to have gotten his brown sound was take a JCM800 and take everything up to 10. I believe his Marshall cabs had Celestion V30s. As for the 5150III, I'd just as soon buy a 6505+. To me, an extra $600 or a $800 or whatever it works out to be isn't worth it for Eddies name on an amp plus 2 more 12AX7s.
        There were no JCM800s or V30s in 1978.

Comment

There were no JCM800s or V30s in 1978.
          I didn't say in 1978, I meant for the general brown sound. Also in terms of the Celestions you are right; I meant green backs.

Comment

It was JMP, with C75's, eddie loves the 75's, even with his 5150 cabs he would remove the sheffields and put in the C75's.

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post

Comment

There is not a Fender clean in any Boogie.
              Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Comment

YAWN!!!!! Why cant EVH put out new music to make a buck instead of some over priced gear?

As far as his tone goes well there are too many variables here. Early one they used tape to track to and it sounds wayyyyyyy different than digital..
                The pre amps in the console or external pres the engineer may have used. The compressers internal or external.EQs etc. As far as the live sound goes well I never heard him play early on so I cant say anything there.

The people to ask for info are his live sound engineer then and his studio engineers. EVH will never be honest about how he gets the brown sound IMHO. Hes been secretive since the beginning...Engineers can tell ya all the details.... Just 1 single amp wont do it. Too many variables IMHO

BTW I wont be buying his new amp. Im going for a modded marshall or the Carvin v3

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                  EVH will never be honest about how he gets the brown sound IMHO.
                  he also used a variac to run his marshalls at lower (or higher?) voltages. I once saw a studio tube-preamp advertising which said "used by Eddie for all his studio recordings". I forgot the brand name though.
                  Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                    Here's an idea for Eddie - make a single channel amp that gets the VH I tone at a reasonable volume. 5150s weren't a hit because of Eddie's involvement, they were just a really good high gain amp that was affordable. I don't know anyone who bought a 5150 to get Eddie's tone...

I agree with you 100% Pete.

Comment

I just received a card in the mail from Guitar Center announcing exclusive preview this Friday June 15, 2007 at select Platinum stores www.guitarcenter.com/evh

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                        I read somewhere it is around $2k
                        Give it time..you'll get 'em a tad cheaper.

I will play one when I see one..they are supposed to get one next week at my local guitar center..we will see.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wll I play as good as Eddie if I got it?
                          www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                          the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by Vlover View Post
                            Wll I play as good as Eddie if I got it?
                            Sure you will, its all about the look and gear, to have any actual guitar skills isn't a necessity its only imaginary.
                            Striped converse shoes, wolfgang strap, Fender Frankenstein replica,
                            marhall 4x12 cabinet and the new EVH amp head is all you need and you'll be Ed.
                            Last edited by Soap; 06-12-2007, 11:34 AM.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                            X