Photos of my amp setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos of my amp setup

I missed the "show us your rig" forum. Finally got some pics and I wanted to share. Peavey Classic 50 212. I use a Bad Monkey and GE-7 with the amp. The digitech GNX1 is for practice with headphones. I dont like it through my amp. I am going to post my guitar pics in the guitar forum.

That looks like a nice rig... Can't go wrong with a classic 212 and a DK1!
    How do you like the digitech GNX pedal? I'm looking at possibly getting the GNX4...
    At first glance and test drive, it doesn't seem to have a synth module, which is a kind of bummer, but it seems nice. I guess what I'm asking is how do you like it after having owned it for a while?

Comment

Its cool. I got a killer deal on it at my local shop. So that is half the reason I got it over other brands. I had a hard time passing up on the GNX4 but really didnt want to spend the extra cash for something I planned on using only for headphone use since I am living in a apartment now. I like the fact that you can dial in setups from Guitar One and Guitar World magazine. Makes it a little easier trying to nail the sound for a song rather than sorting through all the settings it offers.

Not sure why I dont like it through my amp. I use the monkey and ge-7 right now through my amp. I really like the sound I get from them so I guess there is no reason to mess with my sound. I will be getting another amp soon. I need something with more Metal attitude. Thanks for checking out my stuff.

Comment

I have the GNX4 and no longer run it through my amp. I bought a pair of Behringer monitors for it and couldn't be happier with the change. World of difference. May be a better option for you. I couldn't stand using the headphones and they are quality ones, Sennheiser HD280s.
        Last edited by mhalsey; 05-20-2007, 08:48 PM.
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I'm kind of leaning toward the Boss GT-8 instead of Digitech... the GNX4 sounded pretty nice, and the recording/CF card thing would be handy, but the GT-8 looks to be more full-featured.

Comment

Yea I have a pair of them fancy headphones. You know KOSS. Cost me a whopping $1 at a yard sale. I may need to go for a cheaper pair to get a better sound from the GNX1.

Thanks for the advise on the monitors. May look into that. Although I am happy with my amp setup for now. But the GNX1 has made me think a lot about my sound on my amp and has helped nail down a metal sound that I will be looking for in a new amp.

Comment

Working...
            X