Pics of my Soldano SLO100 Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my Soldano SLO100 Clone

I love this amp. I also really dig this vintage 1966B Marshall cabinet.
    BTW... those are not my settings. They are just random.

Looks Great! What! You don't dime everything? lol.

Comment

Why do you call it a clone?

Comment

It wasn't built by Soldano.

Looks sweet. I've been over at the SloClone forums and I'd really like to give it a try and build one of these.

J.

Comment

How does it sound compared to a real SLO? Any idea? Geez, it sure looks like the real thing, minus the knobs and the transformers. In fact, that's the same tolex and everything that my Soldano SLO100 head has. What kind of transformers are in the clone?

Comment

lynchfan, jg has already made a thread of his views of the clone. Here's the thread.

DTP and john,
            if someone else built the amp and put soldano's name on it, isn't that a lawsuit magnet??
            Last edited by emperor_black; 05-23-2007, 04:37 PM.
            Sam

Comment

I put the Soldano logo on it.
              I was told that the guy who built this was a pretty famous clone builder and that he died in an accident soon after he built this beautiful amp.
              The transformers are Marshall replacements.
              It is so beautiful inside. The craftsmanship is outstanding.
              This is the best sounding tube amp I have ever heard or owned.

I don't know how close to a real SLO it sounds but I have been told that its extremely close.
              Last edited by jgcable; 05-23-2007, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Throw the SLO knobs on there, and nobody would think twice about it. Do you think that the guy who built it obtained an actual SLO head box and chassis, and then added the "guts?" I mean, wow, put that amp in my living room and it would take me a while to realize it wasn't my SLO sitting there. Change the knobs, and who knows how long it would take.

Comment

That looks like a bad mo fo! Love the snakeskin.. serious business
                  that one!

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
                    Throw the SLO knobs on there, and nobody would think twice about it. Do you think that the guy who built it obtained an actual SLO head box and chassis, and then added the "guts?" I mean, wow, put that amp in my living room and it would take me a while to realize it wasn't my SLO sitting there. Change the knobs, and who knows how long it would take.
                    You can go to Ted Weber's site and buy a chasis that looks identical to the SLO. You can also buy his version of the SLO in a kit and put it together.

Schems, layouts and parts lists can be found on the clone forum, even PCB designs so you can etch your own boards. Tons of great info over there.

J.

Comment

I like it with the chickenhead knobs. I have MXR Dunlop ones on my rack head. they setting line glows in the dark.

Comment

so john, when will this be up for sale?
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          so john, when will this be up for sale?
                          Hey Tim, I have owned this Soldano for about 6 months now. I have owned the Vetta for I think close to 2 years.

I have been playing the same Washburn N2 for over 2 years and my back up is an RG550 that I have owned for much longer.

Check out the other members of this board who have been through several amps and guitars over the last year.

I think that should answer your question!! :ROTF:

My Soldano clone is not for sale.... nor will it be in the near future.

Comment

^ wow John you are my inspiration.
                            Sam

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
                              How does it sound compared to a real SLO? Any idea? Geez, it sure looks like the real thing, minus the knobs and the transformers. In fact, that's the same tolex and everything that my Soldano SLO100 head has. What kind of transformers are in the clone?
                              I owned that amp for about a year, and I had a real SLO before that. That Clone is DAMN close to a Soldano. Anyone that says you have to have the SLO transformers to get that sound, needs to play that amp, and they'll see that it's a complete myth. The only differences were the bottom end. With an SLO you have to find the right balance between the highs and lows. Get it set up for leads, and it can get tubby sounding. Set up for a tight crunch, and the lead tone can get a bit piercing. That amp doesn't get as tubby as an SLO and I actually preferred it over the Soldano I had.

Comment

Working...
                              X