Your favorite LINE 6 patches/models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite LINE 6 patches/models

I'm looking to find what is liked by Line 6 owners. Prefer the XT and Vetta models but doesn't matter what you have as long as its a Line 6 model.

I bought the gold package with Toneport. I seems to have all the base amp models found in the Vetta and XT as well as the effects, it just doesn't have the preformated patches that were given a different name. I could spend alot of time finding the tweaks and such and probably will, but I'd like to get other ideas from owners as well.

So if you have a fav sound from a Line 6 product.. name the amp model, the effect, cab/no cab and other relevant settings if you would, you're input would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by charvelguy; 05-22-2007, 11:09 AM.

These days I'm using a patch with JMP pre and brit V30 cab.

Comment

line 6 insane
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Diezel with a tube screamer in front...I believe the Mesa cab sim goes best with it...Maybe I use the line 6 cab.

I also do the same with the Insane model through the matching cab sim.

Two totaly different feels...Insane is looser with a good chug...The Diezel is in your face with a fast attack.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

i like the slo 100 with 25w greenbacks and the modern hi gain with the line 6 4x12.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Criminal 5150 - Satch's Alien Vetta 2.5

I am using a vetta combo that has been upgraded to a II. I can't remember if I am using a cab mod or not.

Comment

Heres one patch I had posted in one of the other Vetta threads-

This is a very aggressive/abbrasive heavy distortion I came up with for some Killswitch Engage and Lamb of God stuff I like to play.
              For now it works for me but some of you might think it sounds like ass or needs some further tweaking. If so, by all means go for it.

all these numbers represent the knobs in clock position- 12'o Clock. etc

Global eq- reverb 12, Low eq- 5 ( max) , high 12

loudness = on , presence = on, wide mode = off

Line6 Big bottom- drive=1, bass=5, mid= 10, treb= 2, pres= 11, vol= 2

Line6 Lunatic - drive=12, bass=3, mid= 2.5, treb= 2, pres= 2, vol= 3

graphic eq- everything on 12 o clock

noise gate- -69db , 51 ms release

Reverb- Bingo Hall mix= 10, decaytime= 11, pre delay=7, tone=2

Cabs- one mixed left, one mixed right- Big Bottom = 4x12 Treadplate
              Lunatic= 4x12 Line 6

Comment

Powerball, with a tube screamer in front is my main patch (rhythm and lead), and the X88, both seem to have the smoothest distortion. I was using the insane for a while though, which was pretty tight, but I wanted to use a model of an actual amp.. just to see what I could get out of it

I'm very happy with my current sound, it cuts thru the mix nicely while not being harsh. I prefer lots of mids and not many highs in my sound, I try not to eq to where I make people wince when I'm playing in the upper registers due to the high-end crankin out.

Powerball=fave
                X88=second choice
                Insane=third choice

But then again, these are the only high gain models I have really sat back and tweaked.
                www.myspace.com/madeaband
                www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Modern High Gain
                  Gain: 6-7
                  EQ: 6-7 across the board
                  Delay: about 10:00 -12:00
                  Chorus 1 - off, but accessable if I need it
                  Presence boost: ON
                  NO cab sim
                  Reverb to taste or not

Comment

I split a 5150 w/Greenback sim out of the combo and an Uberschall w/ no sim out to my V30 loaded Marshall cab.

Comment

Thanks so far for the posts. Nobody likes clean tones?

I'm gonna have to write L6 and see if they can breakdown the Vetta tones as to what they're comprised of.
                      Last edited by charvelguy; 05-23-2007, 06:51 PM.

Comment

There are so many great tones I just can't choose one.

Comment

feel free to name the ones ya like.

Comment

Working...
                          X