Stomp box Delay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DD-20 also has chorus features.

As for reverb, I don't think anything comes close to Verbzilla, for the price. That Octo feature is crazy.

Comment

DD-20 works great in the fx loop of my F-50, but not so great in front of it, so I have to agree with everyone else on the fx loop suggestion.

One thing I do is I run a LS-2 line selector pedal in the loop as well. This allows me to put the DD-20 (and other fx pedals) in a dedicated second loop that I can switch on and off. The pedal has input and output gain controls so I can make up for the slight loss in amp volume that having the pedals on creates. I've started cranking the output gain up a bit higher, so the LS-2 acts as a volume boost when I engage my fx chain (which I only do for solos).

Comment

If running your current pedal through the loop doesn't give you the desired result, you might want to try the Guyatone MD-3 delay. I run that through my loop and its a small and simple pedal. No tap tempo or other fancy features BUT it is inexpensive, takes up very little room on your pedal board and has true bypass!
        For a reverb pedal, I think the best currently on the market is the T-Rex Room Mate. I had lots of noise issues with other reverbs but the T-Rex solved all that.

Rudy
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have both the Echo Park and Verbzilla from Line 6. I think they are both excellent pedals...so good that I could not see any reason to keep a $1000 Fulltone TTE. Yeah, the TTE sounded better, but not THAT much better.....

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Well I tried the delay through the loop, although the sensitivity range was much better, There was a lot of noise that seemed to be gated open when the delay signal was in process....If I explained that right. Anyways....It didnt do it for me. I will b going to GC for the Memorial Blow out to see if I can find something that I like better. I appreciate all the input. It gives me alot to think about.
            Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
            http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Pick up a BOSS DD-20 and stick it in the loop. It's the very best Delay pedal I have used. It's got 4 presets and actually you could have 5 if you setup the manual mode the way you want it.
              It has the aability to run out in front as well. It can be setup for out in front or in the loop. +4 db or -20 db.

Comment

I picked up the EH Holier Grail and am totally satisfied with it in the loop. Thanks for all the input guys.

Mike
                Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                X