X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new MTS recto clips - lend me your ears

http://members.cox.net/musicfiles/orangenew.mp3
    http://members.cox.net/musicfiles/rednew.mp3
    Ran a tiny bit more volume (still could talk over it though) a little less gain, and revised my orange channel a bit. Also revised the bass cap a bit...
    Comments?

Damn, they are really close!

The second one is a little tighter, I like it better.

Both are good. I have never played a Recto, so I can't compare to the real deal.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Thanks man. I found some old clips of my Dual Racktifier and tried to match these closer to what I had. There's more of a difference in person between the orange and red, I was surprised the mic didn't pick it up. The orange is a little middier and darker, the red has more high end fizz. I also used ceramic caps on the orange channel, which gives it a little more grind to my ears.

Pete

Comment

I was waiting for the Yoddle! Sounds great Pete. Raw to the bone.
        I can only imagine with 4/12 bottom end, it must be massive in
        person?

Comment

Both sound very good to me. Great job of Ted and his Birdland on the red channel. Very nice. Caused me to have a 70's flashback.
          In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Pete, the red clip is really close. I think that it sounds very much like a Recto with EL-34s. One of your cronies from RT, Thump, did a clip of his Rectoverb with EL-34s a while back. Your clips and his sound very close.

Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser View Post
              Pete, the red clip is really close. I think that it sounds very much like a Recto with EL-34s. One of your cronies from RT, Thump, did a clip of his Rectoverb with EL-34s a while back. Your clips and his sound very close.

Nice work!
              Thanks man! And yes, I did that clip with EL34s.

Pete

Comment

I like the fullness and definition of the red clip - nice job on the mod and the playing. But I've never owned a Rectifier, so I can't comment on close it may be to a Rectifier.

I'm not really an Randall MTS guy but I got to hear George Lynch at clinic this past week and I really liked the sound he got out of the Brahma module. Maybe that be a good candidate for more of your tweaking and modding.
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

They sound much closer (and BETTER) than the ones from the other night. The must sound a little less like the real thing, because I actually heard something there I might use.

Comment

Working...
                  X