Marshall Vintage Modern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Vintage Modern

Anyone get a chance to play this amp yet? I spent a half hour with it today, and I have to say I was impressed. The amp was very responsive to playing style and to the settings of the guitar itself. I thought it had a great tone too. The only downside in my opinion was there could have been a little more gain. Aside from that, with the ability to deactivate a preamp tube with the footswitch and how well it responded to the settings on the guitar, I thought this amp was very versatile for a one channel amp.

I liked it as well.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Paul Gilbert just switched from his Laney for a Marshall Modern Vintage...
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I wonder how much they are paying P.G.

Comment

Well When I was standing in front of his VM combo, I didn't hear a difference from his Laney setup so it works for him. I don't like the VM myself personally.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I played the VM for a good while a couple weeks ago. I didn't like it at all. It sounded like butt.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I don't like the VM at all. OTOH I like the JVM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post

That's what I wonder, too.
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  Its never about $'s...its about tone! Yeah right!:ROTF:

Comment

Vintage Modern

interesting story...I tried the Vintage Modern when it came out, and thought it was not good, especially when I plugged my OCD into the High Dynamic Range and it sounded even worse! I had written this amp off until I happened to be trying out a Lonestar with my Fulltone Distortion Pro, (another misunderstood and under-appreciated piece of gear) and Maxon OD9. Not a Fender or Mesa fan, but heard that the Lonestar was good, and figured the Distortion Pro might Marshallize it...at $999, hard to pass up....anyway I wanted to compare to a Marshall with those pedals....the only vintage style Marshalls in the store was a Jimi Hendrix stack, and a Vintage Modern...plugged the D Pro and the Maxon in, and sounded unbelievable which pretty much shot down any thoughts of buying the Lonestar. I cant afford a Jimi stack so I tried the same pedals thru the Low Dynamic Range on the Vintage Modern....sounded almost identical!! I was amazed! I tried the High Dynamic Range with just the Maxon, and it was pretty much in JCM 800 2203 territory, just a little different with the KT66's. So my opinion has totally changed! Plus I really love how you can clean up with the volume knobs! got into that concept from having Fulltone pedals....so much easier and reliable than a multi-switcher. I just step on the Distortion Pro and back off the volume on the guitar to get clean.(I keep the Maxon OD9 on all the time on a clean boost setting, thats a secret to getting the BEST sound from the D Pro) I can get Lynch and DeMartini with the pedals and the Low Dynamic setting, and on the High Dynamic and the Maxon can get Zakk and some newer still tones....that am went from a dog to my fav sounding amp so far!!

Comment

Fulltone pedals are the shit!!!! No really.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        I played the VM for a good while a couple weeks ago. I didn't like it at all. It sounded like butt.

How does a butt sound?

Comment

depends on how many times it's been fisted!

Are they input and output?
                          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                            How does a butt sound?
                            Swing by this evening, I just had Mexican food for lunch. :ROTF:
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              Swing by this evening, I just had Mexican food for lunch. :ROTF:

That's the answer I've been expecting

Comment

Working...
                              X