Wah Wah Pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wah Wah Pedals?

Went all over town looking for a wah to use in front of my F-50, and all anyone stocks is the basic crybaby and the current Boss model.

Anyone here using the Bad Horsie or the George Dennis wah? I've also thought about a Budda wah.

The Morley Bad Horsie 2 is a great wah.

Comment

I prefer the Budda. I have owned the Budda, Bad Horsie 2, Classic Crybaby, and Vox. The Budda costs more, but well worth it IMO.

Comment

I've heard nothing but good things about the Budda, but I'm thinking it is going to be a vintage voiced wah that will work great with clean/mid gain tones and not so well with high gain settings. Of course, I could be wrong.

One interesting wah is the Tremonti model that Morley makes. It is apparently much like a Bad Horsie, but with a 20db gain switch added to it.

95% of the time, I'm only going to use it for lead lines.

The best thing to do is probably buy one of each and then ebay those that I don't like.

Comment

Any Bad Horsie wah will do great for high gain.

Comment

Expensive, but killer Wah is the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe

Rudy
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Dunlop Jimi Hendrix FTW.

I really love mine, and it takes to high gain very, very well.

Comment

Dunlop Zakk wah. Its a Hendrix with a red Fasel and it Handles High gain extremly well.....
                "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I liked how the Bad Horsie II activated, but wasn't real happy with the tones until I modded it. Probably the best bang for the buck new out there is the Crybaby Classic... sounds great and it's true bypass. Don't let the 'classic' fool you - it would work great for high gain leads.

Pete

Comment

I use a bad horsie for high gain lead work and LOVE IT!
                    1991 Jackson SL1 custom USA 'smokin' skull'
                    1992 Jackson SL1 custom USA 'Bikini Beach'
                    EBMM BFR Luke, Ruby Burst
                    Ibanez JS1000
                    Yamaha SG3000S,Wine Red
                    Ovation shallow back 1985 Limited Edition acoustic
                    Boogie Dual Recto, Marshall 1960 4X12 cab, Vox Satchurator, 2XMXR M-108 EQs, Keeley DS-1, Keeley TS9DS FLEXI 4X2, Keeley compressor, Morley Wah, Digitech Whammy-1, TC Electronic G-System, DR Z Air Brake and all Evidence Audio Lyric HG cabling.

Comment

I think the Budda is the best sounding but, if you want different and not too expensive try the Weeping Demon... I have one... and like it better than a Crybaby.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                        The Morley Bad Horsie 2 is a great wah.
                        +1 - fantastic wahs and the switchless activation is killer!
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                          Any Bad Horsie wah will do great for high gain.
                          Completely agree.

Comment

I ended up with the bad horsie 2. It is a very nice pedal and is voiced exactly like what I was looking for. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Trypp Powell View Post
                              Went all over town looking for a wah to use in front of my F-50, and all anyone stocks is the basic crybaby and the current Boss model.

Anyone here using the Bad Horsie or the George Dennis wah? I've also thought about a Budda wah.
                              I run the Budda and it is a great pedal. I have my original dunlop Wah too. But I like the range and smoothness of the budda
                              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X