Bass EQ advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass EQ advice needed

A guy at work wants a Rack mount EQ for his Bass rig.
    About 2 1/2" thick.
    Can you guys recommend anything with 10 or more sliders?
    I don't know squat about Bass EQ's
    Thanks

I'd look to a parametric for bass. If you notice, that is one of the things some bass amps will have built in.

One of the better bets (cheap and easy to find) is maybe to find one of the Bass oriented (PQ-3) Furman Parametrics. I own one, it's cool but noisy with high gain.

TC Electronics makes a nice one that I have in my rack and think it's very cool.

Audio Arts makes the 4100 that is mighty nice as well. Lotsa guys here use the Rane units on guitar.

Comment

the most usefull setting most of the time is... everything flat

but what bass and amp does he have?
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

He has:
        Bass- Carvin 5 string fretless B75
        1900Watt Carvin B 1500
        4x10" cab & B1 x18" cab

He says with his frettd basses the tone is fine,
        but with the frettless it's hard to get mids and highs.
        Thats why he wants an EQ

Comment

you don't need an EQ..

Been there done that..it'll add wayyyyy too much noise..and sound like pure shit!!

That Carvin has more than enough EQ..you NEED to just dial that fucker in right!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Does that 4-10" have a adjustable driver in the middle..All my Carvins did.

I always turned mine off because it was extremely bright with too much "bite"..

There is built-in parametric EQ, Graphic EQ section along with the amps own EQ section..on all my Carvins..it had more than enough tone shaping. Along with a built-in noise gate..that worked great!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks for the inputs.
              I'm printing this out and giving it to him tomorrow.
              Finn

Comment

Working...
              X