Stereo instead or monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo instead or monitors?

Hey everyone. I was looking to get a pair of monitors for my GNX1. Started to think about it and hooked it up to my home stereo system. Sounded good. So I have a set of really nice Sony tower speakers and if I buy a receiver would that work like a pair of monitors? Worse or better? And any suggestions on what receiver would be good for this application? I am trying to read up on the GNX1. Looks like I can hook it up a few ways. Headphone jack out or Left channel set to Mono, or Right and Left Out but I am not sure how that will work. Take it easy and thanks for your input.

I am looking for the same kind of thing. I am thinking keyboard amp or bass amp or monitors. I am using a Genesis 3 and a Vamp2. There are many threads on what to use for modelers. I guess I am going to go surf the pawn shops and see what I can dig up.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

I use my home stereo for my POD 2.0's. You can goto radio shack and get 1/4 to RCA adaptors so you can hook right in to your aux input. Or you can just get a 1/8 to RCA and use the headphone jack. I also thought the Digitech's had a line out which was 1/8, that would be a better choice then the headphone unit.

Just remember when using your home stereo you want to set the EQ flat on the stereo and control the treble and bass via your GNX1.

If you want a clean power amp, Musicians friend sell's the Nady power amps, they are alot cheaper then the higher brand names and built just as good. I have the XA 2100

Get the guaranteed lowest prices, largest selection and free shipping on most Keyboards & MIDI at Musician's Friend.

Originally posted by dk1ben View Post
      Hey everyone. I was looking to get a pair of monitors for my GNX1. Started to think about it and hooked it up to my home stereo system. Sounded good. So I have a set of really nice Sony tower speakers and if I buy a receiver would that work like a pair of monitors? Worse or better? And any suggestions on what receiver would be good for this application? I am trying to read up on the GNX1. Looks like I can hook it up a few ways. Headphone jack out or Left channel set to Mono, or Right and Left Out but I am not sure how that will work. Take it easy and thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
      X