rack o' doom pic, and modded recto module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rack o' doom pic, and modded recto module

It needs the black or chrome mesa knobs to finalize the look, but I dig it!
    Pete

thats awesome dude

Comment

hell yeah man! that looks real good.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

How are those Randall modules? Didn't Bruce Egnater help design that unit? I'll admit I'm temted to try one out, it seems to be pretty costly tho, over here anyway..
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Very nice. Looks like you have put serious thought and time into your setup. Enjoy it.

Comment

Your my hero ! I only need to spend about $20K more...and ill have 1/2
            of what you have in gear! "-)

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
              How are those Randall modules? Didn't Bruce Egnater help design that unit? I'll admit I'm temted to try one out, it seems to be pretty costly tho, over here anyway..
              As far as I know, Bruce designed the whole shebang, module amps and even the power amp I'm using. It can get a little pricey - but it has a huge advantage over most amps, in that you can swap out the modules in the preamp for radically different tones. Right now I have:

Top Boost - AC30. I modded it to where you can switch it to a 'non top boost' setup.

Deluxe - like an old Fender Deluxe Blackface.

Recto - a Dual rectifier preamp. I modded mine for red and orange channel operation and a 'tight' control that allows it to thump without flabbing out.

Brown - Brown VH sound. I posted clips of mine after I modded it on the MP3 section.

Plexi - waiting for this to come in, it's a Marshall in a box.

SL+ - modded this one, does JCM800 80s thrash tones perfectly.

Ultra - Randall's high gain amp tone. Sounds very modern, kinda a Soldano/VHT/Marshall hybrid

Ultra Lead - like the Ultra but more gain and more mids

XTC - like the red channel on a Bogner. Not real accurate, but I like how it sounds. Waiting for this to come in too.

The Power amp can be set to run damn near any power tube - EL84s (with yellowjackets) 6L6s, EL34s, 6V6s, KT88s, etc. Right now I have KT88s in one side and EL34s in the other. I can set up any channel to use either side of the poweramp (which all goes to one cab). So I can have one midi preset with KT88 powered Fender Deluxe, or EL34 powered Deluxe, etc. It's almost like a modelling amp that's all tube.

Pete

Comment

Cool! That's definitely a 3rd level of Badassery right there.. Have to look into one of them if I see one! Doesn't Lynch have a few modules out too?
                "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Yeah, Lynch has four modules out there... Super V (some sort of Vox-esque voicing), Mr. Scary (classic Dokken, probably like a JMP with a Tubescreamer built in), Grail (Recto-ish) and Brahma (like the Scary but more classic).

I´ve been thinking about getting a MTS set-up for years, but I´ve never gotten around to it. I guess I don´t really need that kind of extreme versatility, but boy - some of the modules do kick ass.

Comment

Pete - the 1086 is a surprisingly cool module. One of my favorite combinations was the Blackface, Plexi or Brown, and the 1086. The Mr. Scray was too flubby. The XTC was great.

The Vox was ok but I would have liked less gain and more of the chimey tone.

The Ultra+ was probably my least favorite - I was hoping for Dimebag and got Kerry King instead
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I wonder if this would sound good at low volume levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Econ View Post
                        I wonder if this would sound good at low volume levels.
                        I don't know about the rack/poweramp versions, but the head sounds great a low volumes. I had an RM50B.

I liked the XTC module, and used it for all my distortion needs. It was pretty smooth, had plenty of gain, and was easy to play. I did feel it was a little loose though. Others may not...

The Blackface module sounded better than the blackface mode on the Supersonic IMO. Nice and chimey!

I also had an Ultra module, but didn't really care for it. It sounded too solid stateish IMO.

I had an SL+ briefly, and I liked it as well. Nice high gain Marshall crunch.

Comment

Working...
                        X