Randall V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall V2

anybody got this amp or played it at least ?

on a side note, are there specific pickups that make ss amps sound their best ?

I don't have one yet (waiting to see if the Mike Amott sig head comes out and if it has anything different) but I plan on buying one anyway. I've played through the V2 and loved it, and I love my RM100, but I love that Randall SS crunch too, which the V2 does really well. Even the tube channel sounds great to me, very thick and huge sounding. I was using it with a Jackson SL1 and it sounded great. If you don't set it right though, you can get some huge feedback (also because this head is loud as sh*t), but if ya keep the preamp at a good lvl and keep the master low (or the other way around, I forget) it sounds great. Check out the Randall page for their forum, you can get some more answers there. Let me know if there's anything else you need to know on it

Comment

I haven't personally used it, but I did see Kataklysm and their guitarist uses the T2. He had this awesome deep chunk which also had the typical randall searing high-end. I thought it was the best tone of the whole show (this was the invaluable darkness tour) which says a lot as Devildriver uses Triple Recs, Unearth uses VHTs and Dimmu uses ENGLs).

I'm trying to save up to get one right now...I have a long way to go

Comment

Caffery is using one on this tour - sounds great !
        Guess we'll see about dependability..

Comment

Just saw Caffery with one on Monday night... AWESOME tone! Made me look one up to see what the hell it was as soon as I got home !
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
          X