JB fans report in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB fans report in.

who is willing to confess their love the the duncan JB?

i recently discovered why this pickup is so popular. once i turned the gain down a bit and the volume up on the amp, it just came to life. wow, i get it now.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

I've got one in my Charvel 375. Good pickup. But I like the Distortion better. One of each might be nice...

Comment

I really like the JB. Its chock full of rawkin' goodness. I'm not sure about turning down the gain though, is that what these knobs on my guitar are for ? :ROTF:
      "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Got a JB jr. in my one strat, and love the sound. Perfect for that guitar.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I have a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Duncan JB in the neck of my Jackson.

That guitar screams.

Comment

I like them much better than the pearly gates that is in my Fat Strat.
            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I really like the JB as well, however its not for every guitar, but it sounds great in the bridge of DK2T with a Gibson 498T in the neck.

Comment

My experience with the JB is only about a week old since I got my DK2M but it's growing on me. Definitely lacks the warmth of my Custom and is very trebly as has been stated in previous threads. I've been messing with my EQ a bit, not to clone the sound of my Custom, mind you, but just to add a lil' sumpin'-sumpin' to it. Also, I think it may be a good choice for the neck pup in a H/H setup. Randog seems to think so.
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

big fan here as well. good mid gain tones too by rolling off the vol.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                    I really like the JB as well, however its not for every guitar
                    +1
                    But I found it too trebly and shrill sounding on my DK2T. I could not get a good balance of lows and highs. I replaced it with a GFS pickups and now the guitar sounds a bit warmer. However, it sounds like heaven on my SL2HT! I used to be the SH4 JB hater, but after listening to the SL2HT, I am a believer !!
                    Sam

Comment

Yeah I am a big BJ fan...oops you said JB. Nevermind!

Comment

I'm not much of a fan, yet I have more JBs than any other bridge pickup. For home jamming, they always sound a bit thin to me, but through a cranked tube amp at gig volumes, they work great. Not my favorite pickup, but pretty consistent.
                        sigpic

Comment

They're alright. I have them in at least three guitars, but have thought about replacing them from time to time.

My 2 other faves - PAF Pro & Full Shred. I seem to be gravitating toward the mid-output p'ups.

Comment

JB fan here - I've always liked them.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

A versatile pup for sure. Took me a while to get used to them. All in all, just can't go wrong with it.
                              I have a Pearly Gates Plus in my Big Apple Strat and it is huge sounding. A close second to the JB.
                              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                              X