Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Seymour Duncan "EVH" custom shop pickup really so great?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Seymour Duncan "EVH" custom shop pickup really so great?

Compare it to something 'normal' like a JB. I wanted to know if it's worth $140+ for a single pickup.

Thanks

EDIT: Here's a link to it, if you're not sure which pup I'm talking about... http://www.legendarytones.com/evh%20pickup.html

minus 1 vote for 'Yes...'
    Yes, worth every penny!
    31.71%
    Very good pickup!! (not worth THAT much money though)
    34.15%
    Pffft, you're buying a name not a pup, this is nothing special AT ALL
    34.15%
    Last edited by Mario8672; 06-06-2007, 09:03 PM.
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

I want to know also! Dont have it locally

Comment

Why not just ask or do a search on the Duncan forum?

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm not a member of that forum, so I can't use the search feature.

Comment

Wow, I just saw a website selling this pup for $199.99! Insane! (they're not a dealer on these boards )

Comment

I want the Jackson EVH Art Series pickup

Does anyone know who makes that?

And will the dang thing ever come available for us lowlifes who don't have a EVH Art?

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
              Does anyone know who makes that?

And will the dang thing ever come available for us lowlifes who don't have a EVH Art?
              It's available, you just have to order it from SD's custom shop.
              Don't quote me on this lol, but I heard it's not the same one as on the EVH art series. I think it's only on Fender's new EVH replica. I'm not sure about this though, don't shoot me.

Comment

The SD EVH is a decent p/u...well worth the cash. Truth be told, I like the Charvel EVH pickup better tho. Does anybody know if those (from the Charvel EVH guitars) are sold individually? I was assuming they were spun by Fender? Dmn that gets confusing with all the EVH's.
                Last edited by Jeff Albertson; 06-06-2007, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Match it (SD EVH 78 model pickup) up with a padouk guitar body and its priceless imo. The mids and sustain from this body is stellar. Tapped and pinched harmonics and squeals are out of this world. Yet it retains a very nice warmth. Cleans up real nice too.
                  I was strickly a maple body guy, I love the sound of maple.
                  For what I play its serves me wonderfully.
                  I've really taken a strong liking to it.
                  Aside from other gear, equipment, skill level and etc, Padouk and the 78 model puts you right on the VH door step, imo it gets right in there.
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Screw that. No pickup is worth $200.00. Kiss my ass, SD custom shop.

The Duncan Distortion is more than enough for me when it comes to feel and sensitivity. The JB and Pearly Gates are good as well as long as you have a fairly decent guitar and amp setup.

Comment

I'm sure they sound good, but there isn't much reason for them to be that expensive, unless it's cuz they have to give Eddie some cash...

Comment

$140 is list price. I know I didn't pay that much for my EVHs - I don't remember the exact price anymore. It shouldn't be that much if you go through a dealer. A JB lists for over $100.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
                          It's available, you just have to order it from SD's custom shop.
                          Don't quote me on this lol, but I heard it's not the same one as on the EVH art series. I think it's only on Fender's new EVH replica. I'm not sure about this though, don't shoot me.
                          I'm not sure, but I believe the one on the EVH Replica is a custom Seymour Duncan made especially for it to match the characteristics of the original PAF thats in it.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                            $140 is list price. I know I didn't pay that much for my EVHs - I don't remember the exact price anymore. It shouldn't be that much if you go through a dealer. A JB lists for over $100.
                            I'm pretty sure you can only get custom builds direct from SD and list price is what you pay.

Comment

Hit Matt up, I know he carries Duncan and gives a decent price.
                              Last edited by charvelguy; 06-08-2007, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X