2 Heads, 1 Marshall cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Heads, 1 Marshall cab?

Does anyone here ever run two heads into one Marshall 4x12 stereo cab?

Is this possible to set up without risking damage, fire, going back in time?

I thought it might be possible via a stereo pedal, chorus, delay etc.

Any ideas?

It's definitly possible. All you've got to look out for is a load on the non-used channels of both amps and making sure you don't exceed the wattage of the speakers.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

i tried it once. sounded like ass. if you do it, try to put a baffle between the pairs of speakers to separate the sound.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
        All you've got to look out for is a load on the non-used channels of both amps
        What does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          i tried it once. sounded like ass. if you do it, try to put a baffle between the pairs of speakers to separate the sound.
          Maybe he isn't think of playing both at the same time, but A/B'ing each?

If so, if it's a stereo cab, just use 1/2 of the speaker in one amp at 8ohms, and ditto for the other half. Use an A/B box to switch.

Comment

I had the same question a few months ago. Yes, you can. But its gonna cost you $240. So, people just get another cab.

The Radial Headbone is an advanced amplifier switching device that allows two different guitar amp heads to be used with a single speaker cabinet. With the Headbone, one head could be used for rhythm while a second head could be used for soloing. With 100% discreet Class-A circuitry and choice of either buffered or un-buffered inputs, the Headbone will be of particular interest for players that demand the utmost in tonal performance.

EDIT: dont try the stereo pedals with tube-amps!! Tube-amps need a speaker load at all times.
            Last edited by emperor_black; 06-08-2007, 06:15 PM.
            Sam

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
              What does this mean?
              You have to make sure there is a speaker load (or something similar, like an attenuator or block that also gives you a load) on the unused channels, or you're in risk of blowing some fuses and your trannies. Depends on what kind of amp you're running, though. An Boogie 50/50 or most of their poweramps suffice with just turning the volume down on the unused channel and turning the presence up for stopping interference.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
              X