Favorite 4x12 cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite 4x12 cab?

What is you favorite 4x12 cab and why? Favorite speakers?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to buy another cab soon.

Mesa Boogie Oversized Recto cabs. The reason is that they have enough bottom end to move internal organs.

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

latelys i've been digging the standard marshall 4x12 with gt75's. i also like the 25w greenbacks for its smoother sound.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I don't have anything to compare it to, but I love my Marshall 1960BV. When I was doing my research it sure seemed like most of the old school metal guys use these.

Comment

hahaha - i like the marshall 8412 valvestate 4x12 and the fender GE412. both are smaller and have a decent sound. i should note, though, that i NEVER use a 4x12 alone. it is ALWAYS used with a pair of rivera c112 cabs.

i liked the stock speakers in the above mentioned cabs. the blended well with the EVM12L's i use in my rivera cabs.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

If I had to buy anything, I would probably look into getting either an oversize Mesa cab with a straight front, or an Orange cab. Those are two of the biggest sized cabs out there that I can think of, and the more air volume you have the more low end you'll have. When an amp is cranked you can usually get a ton more treble, but only so much more bass.

That place is awesome. They'll build you whatever you want.
            Wouldn't it be dreamy to play through this 6x12?

Comment

Originally posted by nsubulysses View Post
              Yeah, but I sure wouldn't want to have to haul that thing around.

Comment

Marshall 1960a loaded with v30's

Comment

Marshall 1960A with G12-75s. Just because it's the only speaker I've ever tried and it sure does get the job done. I'm not opposed to trying any Celestion speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                    Yeah, but I sure wouldn't want to have to haul that thing around.
                    yeah or pay what they're asking for it
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Marshall 1960A, but I'm really loving the Eminence Legend GB128 speakers, which I've put in to replace the G12T-75 Celestions. These GB speakers are the Eminence version of the Greenback, and they are so warm and toneful with my SLO100 head. I found the G12T-75 speakers to be a wee bit sterile and harsh with a Soldano....but that's only now after comparing them to these Eminence speakers. It's a very noticable difference, and all the advice to experiment with speakers really hold true. I think any decent cab can sound killer if the speakers suit the amp driving it.

Comment

my UberKab is the best Ive heard. Have a listen to any Bogner cab before buying something else.

Comment

I realllly miss my orange 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by nsubulysses View Post

That place is awesome. They'll build you whatever you want.
                            I think I saw in another thread that you have an emperor 4x12? how do you like it? Can you compare it to anything else?

Comment

Another vote for the Mesa oversized Recto cabs with Vintage 30's. Of course if you have the bucks check out Diezel. A couple buddies of mine got some new Diezel cabs (loaded with Vintage 30's I believe) that totally crush. I bought my two Mesa cabs used in excellent condition for the price of one of those Diezel cabs! They almost bought the Orange cabs but opted for the Diezels instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X