Vox Valvetronix amps giggable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Valvetronix amps giggable?

Hey all, haven't posted for a looong time! I am in need of a new 'practice' amp. Something to jam to CDs with. I was looking into the Roland Cube 30 and the Vox AD30vt. I see a few folks recommending the discontinued AD60vtx as the best one to get. That got me thinking...could I replace my Mesa Single Rectoverb 1/2 stack with it? My biggest concern is getting lost in the mix. I have a Digitech GNX that I though was going to be the be all-end all, and it's been worthless in a band situation. This seems to be the case with a lot of modelling amps. Is the Vox the same way? Either way, I still need a practice amp, but I'd be more apt to go with the smaller one if it can't keep up when playing with a band.

Thanks!
    Pat

I'd recommend a Roland Cube 60. That is a great practice amp and may be giggable depending upon your situation. $200-$250 used

Comment

I hope to get out and play through some amps in the next week or so. I'll definitely check out the Cubes and the Vox's

Comment

The vox 60 is loud but it depends on what kind of music you play it probably won't work for metal but classic rock it should be fine.

Comment

Working...
        X