X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket POD

not official yet, but my friend sent me this

Product Description

The Line 6 Pocket POD puts world class Pod® tone and rockstar presets in the palm of your hand!
    About the size of a handheld tuner, Pocket POD® is the only personal amp modeling and effects processor packed with over 300 custom presets dialed in by rock stars and professional studio musicians who know great tone. With its 32 classic and modern amp models, 16 cab models, and 16 effects, Pocket POD enables you to create mind-blowing guitar tones wherever inspiration strikes.

Just pop in 4 AAA batteries and you are on the go, practicing with headphones or jamming with your favorite songs on your MP3 player. Let loose and play it loud with Pocket POD as your multi-effect processor in front of any amp. With Line 6’s advanced A.I.R.™ II technology, you can even use Pocket POD as a front-end recording device with the same tone used on countless platinum selling albums.

Pocket POD has a user-friendly design that makes it simple to dial in the tone you’re looking for. To customize your sound even more, plug Pocket POD directly into your computer via USB and download the FREE Pocket POD tone editing software from Line6.com. Take your sound to the next level with Pocket POD by connecting to CustomTone.com, the online destination for guitarists.

There you can choose from a library of over 3,000 preset tones, create new tones, and share them with guitarists from around the globe. Experience world-class tone in the palm of your hand at an unbeatable price.
    Make your sound your own!

Line 6 Pocket POD Features

300+ Presets — Including exclusive rock star presets with unrivaled tone
    32 Amp Models, 16 Cab Models — Mix and Match amps and cabs to create your own unique sound
    16 Effects — Built-in in set of effects that are tweaked to perfection
    4-Way Navigation Pad — Quickly find the sound your looking for
    Chromatic Tuner — The built-in tuner can be set to mute for those on-stage tunings between songs
    USB Connectivity — Edit your presets on the computer with FREE software from Line6.com
    CD/MP3 Jack — Jam along with your favorite songs
    Portable Design —Weighs just over 6 ounces! Only 5 x 3.25 x 2.5 inches in size
    Optional DC power adapter (sold separately)
    32 Amp Models based on*:

’64 Fender® Deluxe Reverb®
    ’59 Fender® Bassman®
    ’68 Marshall® Plexi 100 watt
    Marshall® JTM-45 meets Budda Twinmaster
    ’60 Tweed Fender® Champ®
    Budda Twinmaster head
    ’65 Blackface Fender® Twin Reverb®
    ’60 Vox® AC 15
    ’60 Vox® AC 30 non-Top Boost
    ’85 Mesa/Boogie® Mark IIc+ Clean Channel
    ’85 Mesa/Boogie® Mark IIc+ Drive Channel
    Dumble® Overdrive Special Clean Channel
    ’95 Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier® Head
    ’89 Soldano SLO Super Lead Overdrive
    Dumble® Overdrive Special Drive Channel
    1987 Roland® JC-120 Jazz Chorus
    Line 6® Insane
    And more
    16 Cabinet Models based on*:

1960 Fender® Tweed Champ®
    1952 Fender® Tweed Deluxe Reverb®
    1960 Vox® AC-15
    1964 Fender® Deluxe Reverb®
    1965 Fender® Blackface Twin Reverb®
    1967 Vox® AC-30
    1995 Matchless Chieftain
    1959 Fender® Bassman®
    1996 Marshall® with Vintage 30s
    1978 Marshall® with stock 70s
    1968 Marshall® Basketweave with Greenbacks
    Line 6® 4x12
    Line 6® 1x12
    Line 6® 2x12
    Line 6® 4x10
    And more
    16 Professional Effects:

Compressor
    Delay/Compressor
    Tremolo
    Delay/Tremolo
    Chorus 1
    Delay/Chorus 1
    Chorus 2
    Delay/Chorus 2
    Flanger 1
    Delay/Flanger1
    Flanger 2
    Delay/Flanger 2
    Rotary Speaker
    Delay/Swell
    Delay
    Reverb
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

That could be pretty handy in some situations. Though I don't see a lot of opportunities to use it, I don't see me playing an electric guitar on the train through a Pocket Pod.

It's heaps cooler than an Ipod though.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Cool!! I probably won't buy one as I really have no need for something like that, but it's a great idea.

Comment

hmm.. looks cool and all, but I don't really see the use for it..
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I can think of a few uses for it...like mounting it inside a guitar.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            I can think of a few uses for it...like mounting it inside a guitar.
            Newcenstein strikes again!

That'd be actually a very cool use of the thing. Apart from mobility you could essentially have simple onboard effects.

Comment

You like throw it at people...

Comment

I wonder the retail price on that one. Could be a nice beginner's tool for anybody thinking of buying/using a POD
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Lets squeeze that rock a little more.... Jeez....
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

That picture looks ultimately fake. It's even a render or ..fake
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                      That picture looks ultimately fake. It's even a render or ..fake
                      Yep, the knobs give it away. IIRC Zoom had a similar unit about 10 years ago. The idea has been tried before. Anyone remember that thing?
                      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

You're right, it does seem to be a fake afterall.

Especially the "tap" and "save" buttons are amateurish, the text is just floating, and the reflection on the upper buttons are reflecting all wrong with too strong a seperation going on.

Should have looked more carefully...

Comment

If they had made a pocket version of the ADA MP1, I would buy it

One drive channel would be sufficient enough.
                          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

We shall see, I guess.

Many companies use fake pics to generate interest or to dress up a rough prototype.
                            Not to mention the issues of displaying real photographs on the internet across all browsers and all systems, as well as different image compression algorithms treating different image aspects differently: some do better on text, some do better on curves.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X