No announcement yet.

Pocket POD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ordered one. I'm heading to the states for a few weeks in August and will revive one of my old guitars that's been at my parent's place. I plan to re-build that guitar with new electronics and pickups and needed a way to play and practice with it, this looks perfect for that. I'll definitely post a mini review after I've had a few days with it. It'll be my first Line6 product, though a good friend of mine has a Flextone II that I think is pretty good. Looking forward to using this thing with my laptop also. Too bad they didn't include the capability to send the guitar output over USB for recording, that would have been pretty neat. I'll mostly be using it with headphones, although it might be fun to play with in the effects loop of my normal amp.

Edit: I paid 99€ for it.
    My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Originally posted by cbope View Post
      Too bad they didn't include the capability to send the guitar output over USB for recording,
      If the USB is anything like on the POD 2.0/XT's, then it does send the guitar output over USB for recording. you just need a free software like Audacity to record the guitar sound.
      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
        If the USB is anything like on the POD 2.0/XT's, then it does send the guitar output over USB for recording. you just need a free software like Audacity to record the guitar sound.
        Straight from the Line6 website FAQ for the Pocket Pod:

Can I record with Pocket POD®?
        Yes! Just run an insert cable out of the 1/8th inch direct out on the back of Pocket POD into your recording interface and record all your inspirations instantly with classic POD tone heard on countless platinum albums.

Does Pocket POD pass audio over the USB cable?
        Pocket POD is a class compliant USB MIDI device, but does not pass audio over USB. Pocket POD does come with a USB to USB Mini cable connection jack that will allow you to interface with Vyzex, Line 6's deep editing software, but it will not allow you to record over USB.

... so, yes you can record, but only the analog line level output, not over USB.
        My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Just got mine last week and checked it out yesterday.
          It's my first Line6 product.
          All I can say is, I can now survive a few days without my G-Major
          Nice!

Comment

Would anyone who has used it agree with the amp models it claims to emulate and will the sounds change dramatically from using just the POD and headphones to when you run it through you're own amp?
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

I have one. I bought it solely for playing in front of the TV while the family is watching. With my kids around these days, the wife and I have taken to watching TV with captions on ALL THE TIME. So this is what I do if I want to watch something.

What the POD is: better than the old Scholz Rockman. But not up to par with the other Line 6 stuff. It does have a tuner by the way, and it also gives the user the capability of equalizing the presets, creating new ones etc. Personally, i think they wasted space and they should have just worked more on the amp models, and more effects please!! No wah? Why? I'm really not interested in spending time messing around with this gadget. It's purely for playing well away from my amp.

Oh, and I've dropped it a number of times. Works fine.

I can't say this is Line 6's finest effort. I really think this is just a guitar port with speaker emulation. But the guitar port has more features (effects!).

I give it a B, but because there's very little on the market like this these days, it's very handy for me. I grew up on the Scholz Rockman, and always found them more useful than tiny practice amps.

Comment

Ah, yes and you can run the Rockman into your Stereo or Home Theater system and feel like the old days or Stadium rock!
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                X