Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do I give Fedex to find my amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do I give Fedex to find my amp?

Went out on the 7th, should have been here on the 11th. It's lost, and they know it. How long before I file for insurance reimbursement? I can't get a straight answer out of them. How long would it take them to trace this sort of thing?

what amp is it and say 14 days?
    no sig.....

Comment

It's a Fuchs Train 45.

Comment

They should be able to tell you what the waiting time should be. I would lean toward 14 days. I use to work for the "other" company and we typically could find the item. Things happen. For example someone puts your amp on the wrong truck at the distrobution center and it goes to the east coast instead of the west. Or whatever. Them not giving you a strait answer is there way of buying time. Hope this helps. I know its isnt fun but they will make things right. You just have to MAKE them by following up a lot. Take it easy.

Comment

sounds like your fuched dana at least outta the amp
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Amp found. Get this. The amp was picked up on Saturday June 2nd by Fedex Home Delivery from the retailer. On June 7th, I received notice that it had been checked into the Home Delivery depot. Now, apparently, Home Delivery does not ship packages. They only pick up and deliver. Now, how does a package get from here to there then? Well, they load everything onto a trailer, and bring the trailer over to the nearest Fedex Ground depot. Fedex Ground and Home Delivery are two entirely different parts of Fedex. So, the HD people kept telling me they had picked it up and sent it to Ground. The Ground people kept telling me it never arrived. I kept telling them none of this was my business at all, and that I just wanted Fedex to deliver my package.

I get a call today from Ground, and they said that the trailer onto which HD loaded my amp had mechanical problems and was stranded at the HD depot for weeks, until a mechanic from the Fedex fleet could come out and fix it. Weird. Maybe even plausible. But how could they not tell their superiors this? Why not tell them about the break down?
            Last edited by danastas; 06-16-2007, 10:33 AM.

Comment

a crock...well atleast you get you cool amp...after a nice delay. I guess still better than filing a claim?
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, I'm happy that they found it. I actually had the thing shipped on my account # for a few good reasons. I also insured it for $100 less than it cost because I got lazy and just rounded the number. It would have sucked to be out $100.

Comment

I've only use Fedex not there ground service they'll give you a number and you can track it's every move day by day when it arrived at one place and time it left for the next. I alway use the 2 day service it cost less than over nite but it's a little more than ground. You never want a shipper to have a package any longer than need be. UPS had one of my Fuch amps the guy I bought it from didn't pack it well but when it arrived it had been dropped all the tubes and the cabinet where broken it was a mess and they would not pay anything for it.

Comment

Wow, man, I can't believe the guy didn't pack it well. UPS is notorious. Sucks that it was all smashed up like that. Hopefully Andy Fuchs helped you put it back together.

I shipped this one ground because it was comin from one state over, and 2 day wouldn't have gotten it here any faster. It was supposed to be a two day delivery. The problem with the tracking number was that the amp practically disappeared between pickup and arrival at the ground depot. The tracking readout said, "package was picked up." and that's how it stayed for 2 weeks.

Comment

The only way I except UPS delivery is if they double pack and insure it at there cost.

Comment

Working...
                      X