Line 6..bastards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6..bastards!

Has anyone tried to buy a line 6 part? I broke off a cable in the INPUT jack. There's no freaking way to extract it. Call Line 6...what do they say. I can only get the jack (a $0.75 part) if I have it seviced at the Service Center. Great fine whatever. Call the service center $88 to install the jack. Second service center wants 2 hours of bench time at $65 bucks per hour.
    I already have it appart...took me 8 minutes! What a joke...now if I could only buy a freakin jack to fit it. Unphuckin believable!

...and their tone...such a piece of crap! ...that's even more "Unphuckin believable"

j/k
    Sam

Comment

I guess you have tried to extract the cable out of the jack input... That sucks. maybe somebody here on the board can help. Did you try electronics stores online. Maybe you can find the part.

Comment

Jeff... post a pic of the jack in question.
        They use off the shelf components.
        Post a pic to ID it and I'll tell you where to get the part.
        99% chance your local Radio Shack will have it.
        -Rick

Comment

Now for a differing POV... I had a switch go bad in my Pod XTLive. Called Line6 support, they mailed me three of the switches at no cost. I soldered it in (took about 30 minutes, since they have 20 or so screws on the underside of the XT) and I was fixed. No worries, no fuss. Took about 3 days for the part to get to me.

Basically I noticed the problem at a gig on friday, called line 6 monday, had the part in hand and I fixed my XTL thursday.

Pete

Comment

hmmm. interesting. post a pic of the part. maybe jgcable can help too. john. ya out there? he's probably riding... heh heh...

Comment

I have dealt with customer service at Line 6 too and they were totally helpful and went above and beyond the call of duty.

Comment

I would imagine the part you need is a simple off the shelf part. Post a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
                  I broke off a cable in the INPUT jack.
                  You need to be more careful and stop doing that! :ROTF:
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    I would imagine the part you need is a simple off the shelf part. Post a pic.
                    +1
                    Sorry about that lame comment I made earlier. Input jacks are standard 1/4" jacks. if you can see the connections coming from inside of the amp, you should be able to buy one from radio shack for a couple of dollars, get a soldering gun and solder and off you go soldering. Should be fairly straight-forward. I'm assuming this is what you want to buy

and here is the link on radioshack.com

Welcome to RadioShack's official website. Search and shop for electronics, gaming devices, powerbanks, audio products and business traveling gear.

yeah, pics would help.

--sam
                    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                      +1
                      Sorry about that lame comment I made earlier. Input jacks are standard 1/4" jacks. if you can see the connections coming from inside of the amp, you should be able to buy one from radio shack for a couple of dollars, get a soldering gun and solder and off you go soldering. Should be fairly straight-forward. I'm assuming this is what you want to buy

and here is the link on radioshack.com

Welcome to RadioShack's official website. Search and shop for electronics, gaming devices, powerbanks, audio products and business traveling gear.

yeah, pics would help.

--sam
                      Thats most likely not the one. The 1/4" mono jack he needs is most likely a PC mount jack. Switchcraft makes them too.

Comment

My customer service experiences with Line 6 have been excellent. They need good customer service because their shit breaks a lot - more Chinese made crap.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

flat out, call back, if you get another person telling you the same story have the call esculated to a supervisor, if they refuse to give in tell them how you will refuse to use line 6 ever again and anyone you ever run across you will tell them to stay away. Worse thing a company wants is to lose business!

Comment

I ended up calling them AGAIN and got the turtle from "Finding Nemo". He's sending one out. That was retarded the one service center said "if we sell you a part Line6 will strip us of our Service Center status". The only retail centers I could find were Samash's and GC's and they didn't have a clue. After taking a close look, I figure I could probably just clip a switchcraft jack to fit it if need be. But seriously, WTF. 2 hours worth of calling to get a $0.75 piece. I think they owe ME money. Man when I was in HS and college I worked for a bicycle dealer. We would bend over backwards to help people and companies would bend over backwards to help us help people. These days somebodies getting bent over allright but it ain't the retailers or the manufacturers....and it ain't backwards.

Comment

A lot of people just suck at customer service - it's lame but that's the way it is

Comment

Working...
                              X