I just bought Peavey VK212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought Peavey VK212

What do you guys think about this amp? Anybody have it themselves?

More important question, What do YOU think about this amp. I've heard good things, good deal for what you get.

Comment

So far my feelings are the distortion is really great (clean very good as well with superb tone!), and it can get very loud. Well-rounded pretty much. I didn't spend too much money on it ($620), and it goes well with my Jackson DK2M . So as you say, good deal, bang for the buck, etc.

Comment

I have the 1x12 and I really like it. I can get whatever tone I want from clean to insane metal and everywhere in between. Most of the time lately I have had the gain really low (like 2) but with both boosts engaged. Then I just turn the guitar volume up or down to get whatever gain I want. Sounds great and cost me all of $350

Comment

Im gonna pickup myself a Valveking sometime soon, they can be had for dirt cheap, and they sound great, who gives a shit if they are made in China, everything is these days
          Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMaiden View Post
            So far my feelings are the distortion is really great (clean very good as well with superb tone!), and it can get very loud. Well-rounded pretty much. I didn't spend too much money on it ($620), and it goes well with my Jackson DK2M . So as you say, good deal, bang for the buck, etc.
            they sound great, but are built like crap, the POS couldn't handle the low end my explorer threw at it, when i would play a low f# the SOB started rattling apart. i had mine for 580 with taxes, dumbass Guitar center:ROTF:.
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I would shop somewhere else, but Guitar Center is all I know about in my area, and I'm not going to order one online. I'm not going to bother myself with possibly broken pieces and stuff like that, ya know?

Comment

I bought the head this weekend along with a xxx cab and it sounds awesome.I dont here any rattles either.

Comment

Different piece though, ya know?

Comment

Yeah, i know it is.I played the 212 combo, but I went with the head because it seemed to sound better through a cab. Atleast to my ears it did.

Comment

Originally posted by SIXER View Post
                      Yeah, i know it is.I played the 212 combo, but I went with the head because it seemed to sound better through a cab. Atleast to my ears it did.
                      They usually do!!

Comment

Well I didn't have any amp at all when I bought the 212, and I didn't feel like going big time just yet.

Comment

I here ya man.You have yo do what is best for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X