Epiphone valve Junior 1x12 cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone valve Junior 1x12 cabinet

How good is this cab? The price for it $130 brand new sounds too good to be true. Even though its got a eminence speaker in it, reviews I read so far seems to be in the positives. Anyone's tried this for "Metal"? Any other similar 1x12's in the same price/quality?

The krank junior is another option but costs $70 more. I like the "vintage" look of the epi.

p.s. if anyone's selling their's, I'm interested.

Sam

bump
    Sam

Comment

I have the Epi Valve Jr. head, which for $99 was an awesome deal in itself, and others that have the cab say it's a great deal as well. Made in China, but assembly is pretty solid on the head, I would guess it's the same on the cab.

Look at it this way - if the speaker sucks, buy a Celestion and swap it out - you're still only in it for a little over $200...and that's if you don't sell the speaker you pulled on ebay!
      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

a review...sort-of.

$126 with free shipping. Made in china but very well constructed. I could probably sit on it and it will not break. The front cover is made of wooden strips woven together. Yuck! Probably its for that "vintage look"? When it comes to sound epiphone should understand that cloth allows better transmission than wood. Doh! Its not very heavy. Has a nice strong handle on the top to carry it around. But with the handle in the way, a head will not sit properly over the cab. They could have put the handle on the side.

Now, the speaker... I'm running a GT-8 into a crate powerblock into the cab. Through the headphones the powerblock, sounds awesome. Lots of mids/treble with that spongy chugga chugga metal sound. But through the cab, it sounds very boomy with hardly any treble or midrange. The lady luck eminence speaker has no luck for metal. I think like missionguitars suggested, the cab is due for a celestion swap!

cheers!
        Sam

Comment

ok, I need some help to open this cabby up! Its got a ton of screws at the back. Once I remove all of them, the back cover does not come out easily. since its brand new, its sort of sitting nice and tight. I tried to shove a screw-driver in there, but that went only like a millimeter and it started making a mark in the tolex and I backed off. Any tips? thanks!
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
            ok, I need some help to open this cabby up! Its got a ton of screws at the back. Once I remove all of them, the back cover does not come out easily. since its brand new, its sort of sitting nice and tight. I tried to shove a screw-driver in there, but that went only like a millimeter and it started making a mark in the tolex and I backed off. Any tips? thanks!
            Getting the back off the heads is a pain too...be patient and work the back off little by little with the slotted screwdriver, or a kitchen knife might work better...take your time and it should come off eventually.

Once it's off, maybe try sticking some fabric in there so you have a tab to pull ithe back out with?
            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Working...
            X