Evh III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evh III

So i walk into guitar center in Rockville MD today, and there it is, just sitting there looking so pretty. It is sitting under a frankie, it is a display. Look around the back of the amp, plugged into the cab and into power, both switches are on back so i reach around and hit the power switch. Then i hear no, you cant play that, no one can, it is part of the frankie display.

I am like dude, i just want to hear, and he is like no, they dont go on sale till the 28th and no one can play it. To make things short it was such a guitar tease, i dont know why they would put it out like that. Anyway 8 more days and I am going back!

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
    So i walk into guitar center in Rockville MD today, and there it is, just sitting there looking so pretty. It is sitting under a frankie, it is a display. Look around the back of the amp, plugged into the cab and into power, both switches are on back so i reach around and hit the power switch. Then i hear no, you cant play that, no one can, it is part of the frankie display.

I am like dude, i just want to hear, and he is like no, they dont go on sale till the 28th and no one can play it. To make things short it was such a guitar tease, i dont know why they would put it out like that. Anyway 8 more days and I am going back!
    Que es mucho dinero?

Comment

AMS is selling the head for 1999.99 and the cab for 1099.99
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That DICK! They wouldn't even let you hear the damn thing? Ask for Tom Jonas and tell him you just want to hear the freakin amp before you plop down the $$.

Let me know when you are going.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I talked to a few guys there, they said since the head doesnt go on sale till the 28th no one is allowed to play it, they said they even get shit if they try. I am sure that is a lie. I will go back and try it when it is offical.

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
          That DICK! They wouldn't even let you hear the damn thing? Ask for Tom Jonas and tell him you just want to hear the freakin amp before you plop down the $$.

Let me know when you are going.

Comment

Drsracing, SeventhSon and I were at the Seattle GC today and they let me plug into their display EVH III. It sounded pretty damn good. They wouldn't let me play Frankie though - bastids.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

What a tease!!!!
              What up GC
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post

dude...

You should have started to cry...it worked for Dorthy in the Wizard Of Oz!!!

We'll get to hear it soon..someone here will..who will it be first..???!!!

hmmmmmmm....
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oh ..as soon as I dial in the best tone on the 5150III..I would like to A/B it to the JSX!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Oh ..as soon as I dial in the best tone on the 5150III..I would like to A/B it to the JSX!
                    why?????

why not your Marshall rig?
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Well, I just bought one. Sound unheard...sight unseen. I heard the power tubes are actually pint sized bottles of Jack, emptyed by Eddie himself! The volume goes to 12, like 12 steps! Yarg..$2000 is pretty steep. It ought to be interesting...........

Comment

did you really buy one?
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Get the guaranteed lowest price on Eddie Van Halen musical gear. Free shipping on most orders. 8% back in rewards.

Heres a link that will get you there.
                          Last edited by Soap; 06-21-2007, 11:13 AM.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                            did you really buy one?
                            It should ship today...I got it from Sweatwater. I was searching around and whamm-o there it was "in stock". I think it wll ship today, maybe have it by weekend. They called to confirm and said they had only one, but it still says "in stock".
                            I wanna rock!

Comment

cool!!
                              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                              X