X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
    I got it from Sweatwater.
    Sweatwater. Ewwww! :ROTF:
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      Oh ..as soon as I dial in the best tone on the 5150III..I would like to A/B it to the JSX!

Same here
      I just replaced the EL34's with 6L6's today and a TunSol in the V1 in the JSX and a/b-ed it against my 5150 and I was surprised at how much "fatter" the JSX sounds.
      Pretty cool, it does definitely sound different with 6L6's in there than El34's, but I haven't decided which I like better yet.

I actually want to A/B the 5150III against the JSX and the Marshal JVM.
      Hopefully Matt will have all 3 in the store at the same time so I can try this
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

ghey, Ghey, GHEY!!!

Only in the EVH camp...

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          AMS is selling the head for 1999.99 and the cab for 1099.99
          **************** I SCORED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROTF:

Comment

There is a rumor that a guy in the USA actually has one at home
            right now! Of course that would get some people in trouble if
            that were true !! Boy am i going to post a ton of info on the 28th!
            ( i may know this guy!) Bwahaaaaaaa !

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
              Same here
              I just replaced the EL34's with 6L6's today and a TunSol in the V1 in the JSX and a/b-ed it against my 5150 and I was surprised at how much "fatter" the JSX sounds.
              Pretty cool, it does definitely sound different with 6L6's in there than El34's, but I haven't decided which I like better yet.

I actually want to A/B the 5150III against the JSX and the Marshal JVM.
              Hopefully Matt will have all 3 in the store at the same time so I can try this
              We are on the same page..

E ..If I were to compare it to my Marshall..that would give me a back ache carrying that bastage..nah..

Grabbing the Uber would be a bettter choice..that fucker will annihilate Guitar Center...mothers would clutch onto their children, people would be doing the sign of the cross, guitars would melt from their shelves..and their would be a mosh pit instantly!

well, the way I play it anywhoo.

I couldn't get a more "evil" tone if I tried..especially with the 7 string...my tone is truly unholy!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Grabbing the Uber would be a bettter choice..that fucker will annihilate Guitar Center...mothers would clutch onto their children, people would be doing the sign of the cross, guitars would melt from their shelves..and their would be a mosh pit instantly!
                This would be a vast improvement over any Guitar Center I've been in
                "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
                  Well, I just bought one. Sound unheard...sight unseen. I heard the power tubes are actually pint sized bottles of Jack, emptyed by Eddie himself! The volume goes to 12, like 12 steps! Yarg..$2000 is pretty steep. It ought to be interesting...........

That was hilarious
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

That's bullshit that they wouldn't let you try it out. I went to a guitar center today and played one with the assistant manager.
                    Last edited by Eric_kv2; 06-23-2007, 10:17 PM.

Comment

I played on one yesterday at the GC. It looks very pretty. White head and white matching cab. Or was it white head and black cab? I dont remember. It was sitting in a dark-room. I just went nuts when I saw that thing. I plugged in a PRS and probably its the PRS or something, it did not quite sound anywhere close to my 5150. I thought it lacked the low-end of the 5150. I think I had the resonance knob almost all the way up and still there wasn't enough "boom". Anyway, I'm sure it must be the guitar. At max pre-gain, it sounded harsh overdrive but not distortion. maybe its the cab? it sounded more open and unmistaken eddie's sound than Metal. I had about 10 mins or less with it and maybe I did not have the right setting. But it sure is a looker.
                      Sam

Comment

If it doesn't sound like 5150 and is more like Ed's sound then looks like they got it right unlike Peavey
                        Last edited by Endrik; 06-24-2007, 02:18 AM.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

dude...

You should have started to cry...it worked for Dorthy in the Wizard Of Oz!!!

We'll get to hear it soon..someone here will..who will it be first..???!!!

hmmmmmmm....
                          Just ignoring my posts huh?

Comment

Working...
                          X