[quote=toejam;943906]Exactly.

I can still do that.
    quote]

If it makes you feel better or empowered go right ahead
    too much back and forth here for what this place is worth

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Exactly.

Kingv2002 also edited his post where he stated he wished his membership to be terminated. I can still do that.
      Maybe we should put the time limit on editing once again so people can't take back what they said and cover shit up.
      I actually preferred having the edit time limit. It prevented people from coming back hours later and retracting things they said.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Exactly.

Kingv2002 also edited his post where he stated he wished his membership to be terminated. I can still do that.
        Maybe we should put the time limit on editing once again so people can't take back what they said and cover shit up.
        I used to Admin a vBulletin forum that had a feature installed where Mods/Admins could check back on the edit history of any individual post, and then restore them to their original glory, no matter how many times the original poster tried to cover up the post. Of course, we also had set a 24-hour limit on editing. It really helped with investigations and complaints since EVERYTHING was documented.

Obviously we let people correct their typos or grammar, but blatant alterations of posts weren't allowed. We even had a warning system installed for people who abused the edit function, as well as spamming/flaming/etc. When they accumulated a certain number of "demerit points", they were automatically banned for specific periods of time or indefinitely.

Comment

Wow, what a wild thread! Anyway, the agrument that the Dual Rec has a more metal sound than the Triple rec, I believe might have more to do with playability. I convinced myself for a long time that I had to have vintage style amp and crank it to get the sound I wanted, while ignoring my playing style. Most of the guys that told me to get a vintage style amp and good stomp box played less notey solos, and with legato technique when playing faster. Latley I have really focused on getting an amp that fit my playing style as well as the sound I was after. I ended up going in a different direction than I thought. Twister is 100% right about 100 watters sounding beefier than 50 watters. Its just a fact. I found that I liked that because its clearer sounding, especially with fast picking. But my guess is maybe an amp with more headroom has a "perceived" view that its less distorted. Maybe the extra definition doesnt allow you to get away with sloppy technique as much. Maybe thats really why people prefer less headroom, I mean its the same preamp circuit right? How could it be less distorted? I found that I really liked preamp distortion better then power amp. And after trying many things, its just true that if you like Preamp distortion, you really want an amp with lots of headroom....ask Zakk Wylde, thats why he uses 6550's and EV speakers. He gets his gain from the preamp and the SD1 and keeps that sound with having a lot of headroom with the 6550's and the EV's. Remember all the racks back in the day with the preamps and big power amps...no power tube distortion there! Really and truly, metal sounds are 90% preamp anyway. even Lynch's vintage amps had 6550's in 'em, and he ALWAYS used a TS to goose the front end, which by the way effects the preamp way more than the poweramp just by nature of position....pedal, input, V1.....anyway, if youre buying an amp, which is tuned for preamp distortion, wouldnt you always want to get the most headroom you can get? I understand sound is subjective, but why why leave that extra punch on the table.....does this make any sense?.......I did end up buying a Triple Rec, but that was also because it was $800....yeah!

Comment

I have a dual channel triple rec and 4x12 oversized recto cab. I'm happy with it. It covers the metal and the clean tone was a lot better than I expected.

Comment

Working...
            X