Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help On Dating A Fender Bassman 50

Ok guys,

I finally got lucky at a garage sale and picked up a silverface Fender Bassman 50 for 25 bucks (no master volume).

I would really appreciate some help dating this thing, and I am NOT vintage amp savvy!

Please send help!

The VG price guide book should tell how to date them.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Here is most, if not all the regular person needs to know about Fender amps...

Comment

One other thing you can do is date it via the pot codes (potentiometers, you degenerates!). Nice score... if it looks like it hasn't been on in a long time you may need to have it recapped. Filter caps age more quickly if they aren't being used - and if was in a yard sale it's likely it was off in a corner somewhere for years.

One fun thing you could do with that amp is send it to Fuchs and have it modded into one of his Dumble clones...

Pete

Comment

Thanks guys.

The guy I bought it from is my parent's neighbor. He's owned it since 1972 and was not the original owner. He says it still works great but it might need some tubes (and oh yes, he said it's fuckin' loud LOL).

Comment

Well first I'd bring it a nice bunch of flowers, then out for a nice meal at a high-class restaurant and then a small dose of Rohypnol and Bob's your uncle you're in like Flynn! Oh hold on, not that kind of date?
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Forgot to mention... POST PICS!

Comment

Working...
              X