Getting a JVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a JVM

I've been fascinated by this amp since its introduction and I recently worked out a deal where I'll have one by the end of the week.

I'm trading my VHT D60 (too tight for me). I'm stoked.

You should be! I bought one over the weekend after contimplating a boogie. The thing is unbelievable. Amazing how much low end you can get out of it if you want. More gain that you could ever want. Classic Marshall tone + some.. If I had to complain about something....the clean channel is not the best but it works. The Crunch OD1 and OD2 are just amazing.

Enjoy. This has to be one of the best amps out there

Comment

congrats man!
      I've been eyeing one for a long time! I am really thinking of getting one!
      It's really aggressive~

Chris

Comment

I love mine it sounds great!

Comment

Would you compare the amp's distortion to the JMP-1's OD2 ?

Comment

I personally have never heard a JMP so I can't say but the JVM has anywhere from no gain to an insane amout of gain and everything in between

Comment

Way beyond JMP-1's OD2

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
              Would you compare the amp's distortion to the JMP-1's OD2 ?

Comment

Wow, so it's safe to say that then, it's EXTREMELY way beyond a DSL's or TSL's OD2 ?

Comment

More gain than you can likely use: at 1/2 gain on OD2 red you'll get controllable feedback at very low volume levels. Watch the quality though - I'd be afraid to gig with one, but if you just leave it in one spot you might be ok. The guitar cord footswitch is a great idea, but any technological advancement from Marshall scares me. I know too many people who had TSL footswitches crap out, parts on the DSL40s having to be resoldered, and many other issues.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                    More gain than you can likely use: at 1/2 gain on OD2 red you'll get controllable feedback at very low volume levels. Watch the quality though - I'd be afraid to gig with one, but if you just leave it in one spot you might be ok. The guitar cord footswitch is a great idea, but any technological advancement from Marshall scares me. I know too many people who had TSL footswitches crap out, parts on the DSL40s having to be resoldered, and many other issues.

Pete

I don't gig so it won't be leaving my house (at least for awhile).

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post
                      I don't gig so it won't be leaving my house (at least for awhile).
                      If I didn't play out much, I'd be all over the JVMs... I like how they sound. I'm just waiting to get more reports 'from the field' so to speak. I have heard some guys bitch about noise, but I think it's likely just bad tubes.

I played a 'vintage modern' and it didn't do much for me. The JVM kicks it's ass all over the place.

One buddy of mine bought a TSL and sent it back twice. The third one was ok, then his footswitch blew up and he had to have it replaced. Since it was under warranty and he wasn't gigging, no big deal. Marshall still have a 5 year warranty which is great, but if you're depending on your gear to make $ even a few weeks is a lifetime.

Pete

Comment

does it have a built in attenuator?
                        Sam

Comment

I have read reviews on the noise as well. I can tell you mine is very quiet and you dont need much gain at all in order to have a really nice distorted sound. My gain knob is at 10 oclock on OD1 and its plenty

If I do get unwanted feedback at high volumes I find just easing off on the guitars volume knoww just a tad works w/o compromising sound

This amp kicks ass

Thinking real seriously about a power break. I think it would make this thing untouchable

The amp does not have a built in attenuator
                          Last edited by kingv2002; 06-26-2007, 07:04 AM.

Comment

In the JVM's price range, you have a hell of alot of better built, sounding options. Splawns, Triple Rec's, VHT's, etc.....

I am not saying it doesnt sound great, I am just saying the money can be spent more wisely. If they were $1200 new, that would be a different story, but they arent.

My .02
                            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

JVM sounds great, sooooooooo many options with the programability, you'll love it!
                              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
                              X