Three hours on an EVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
    Yea okay. I got my first Plexi in 86 and sold my last in 2006. You need to crank them up "stadium" loud to get any kind of useable distortion and every single one has been horribly hissy. Sure....Marty..you could have Doc Brown thro 1-2 or 6 extra preamp tubes in there but that's shoddy witchcraft. Pedals..I'm frikkin done with distortion pedals. They're a goddamn pain in the ass. Get yourself a Mojave Peacemaker and I gaaaraunteeee you be next to me pissing on your Plexi hissbitch. A stock in the box 5150 II sold for under $1000...that thing is/was the HUGEST bargain in a serious metal amp that ever existed. Naw man you stuck in trendlove fantasy land...your talking about a '67 Plexi. They don't exist like a fuckin Unicorn or Leprican. The only exist in fairy tales and myths. You could roll into the GC and walk out with a 5150 II for budget money and play anything from 1960 straight thru to tomorrow. Plexi..hahahaaaaahaa-haw. Let me guess, your running a MXR Zakk Wylde pedal into a Slash wah into a jumped 2004 1987x with the volumes set on 1. There's some serious tone for you!
    See that little smiley looking thing in my post that looks like it's winking? That's called an emoticon, and that particular one means the post is somewhat of a sarcastic jab, or maybe even joking around.

Here's another one, just for you...

My humble rig, you guessed wrong...

Comment

^^^
      :ROTF:
      You guys crack me up sometimes.
      -Rick

Comment

You fuckers..I love you!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by adrenaline junkie View Post
          See that little smiley looking thing in my post that looks like it's winking? That's called an emoticon, and that particular one means the post is somewhat of a sarcastic jab, or maybe even joking around.

Dood, I'm frehkin whacked! My bad. Sorry to go all shock-&-awe on your ass. At least it was for a good cause. Anti PCB-Plexi-ism. Seriously, tho, don't be winking at me. This ain't Texas. Emoticon? That's the fake plastic dummie in the store they put the clothes on!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
            Dood, I'm frehkin whacked! My bad. Sorry to go all shock-&-awe on your ass. At least it was for a good cause. Anti PCB-Plexi-ism. Seriously, tho, don't be winking at me. This ain't Texas. Emoticon? That's the fake plastic dummie in the store they put the clothes on!
            I do have to admit though, my favorite amps are old Marshalls. I've got several of them, and they just fit what I want to play and hear. I've had a couple 5150's too and they're great amps. I keep thinking someday I'll get another, but just don't seem to get it done. While old plexi's are my favorite, "PCB-Plexi-ism" snobbery is a bit ridiculous. I'm wanting to try out the EVH III myself, but since the closest store that carries them is probably 3 hours away it probably won't happen for a while.

I like old and new:

Comment

That's one helluva amp collection...nice!!!

Comment

Now that's a nice set of Marshalls!
                I like the purple one!
                Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I do have to admit though, my favorite amps are old Marshalls. I've got several of them, and they just fit what I want to play and hear. I've had a couple 5150's too and they're great amps. I keep thinking someday I'll get another, but just don't seem to get it done. While old plexi's are my favorite, "PCB-Plexi-ism" snobbery is a bit ridiculous. I'm wanting to try out the EVH III myself, but since the closest store that carries them is probably 3 hours away it probably won't happen for a while.

I like old and new:

Sheetrock the ceiling....or spend thousands on Marshalls??
                  I like where your head is at !!

Comment

He's missing a Park amplifier. Rumor has it they are a little bit more gainy than the stock Marshalls.
                    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

those little Epi's are fun!

Comment

After playing thru both...VHT and EVH III...i have no ears left... bleeding
                        internally... and ive seen GOD! This is the most impressive amp, ive
                        ever heard, and so frickin LOUD ! Thank God the GT-8 can tame the
                        volume a bit.. but ....Its the SHIT! FMIC has a Monster on their hands!
                        What a perfect amp! Its great when an Amp makes you 25% better
                        instantly... why practice more? Why take lessons? Just buy an EVH III !

Comment

Just went to my local GC and ordered one in White. Had to be shipped from Fender and the ETA was 2 weeks. They called me an hour after I left and the Fender rep said 3-4 weeks on White but they would drop ship a Black to me immediately, so I would not have to wait. I can exchange for the White when it comes in . . . . .

I am dumbfounded by the GC quality service!!!

Comment

Originally posted by memberzonly View Post
                            Just went to my local GC and ordered one in White. Had to be shipped from Fender and the ETA was 2 weeks. They called me an hour after I left and the Fender rep said 3-4 weeks on White but they would drop ship a Black to me immediately, so I would not have to wait. I can exchange for the White when it comes in . . . . .

I am dumbfounded by the GC quality service!!!
                            You should have called one of our dealers! GC is insanity!
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That looks like freaking Yngwie's basement! HA HA!

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                                That looks like freaking Yngwie's basement! HA HA!
                                I didn't see any donuts ...

Comment

Working...
                                X