Gear Review: JSX Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
    Crunch channel can get very "Satch -ish" I actually use the crunch channel to play Satch, the ultra channel can get you a bunch of good heavy tones. Mines not that bright , some of these ship with EH preamp tubes ( and those are bright as shit) mine came with JJ's all around, but I popped in a tung sol in V1.
    sounds fucking killer.

Oh.. the 'ol Tung Sol in the V....NICE!

that sounds sooo naughty!

Ya know, Joe personally showed me how to do those harmonic pull-up dips..you can do those with ease with that amp..just like my Marshall.

My Uber is more fussy with that stuff.

In fact the JSX sounds like an exact mix of my Marshall and Uberschall..hmmmm.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm still running the stock EL-34's but I went with Sovtek 12AX7LPS tubes in the first 3 preamp slots and IMO it sounds much smoother than the JJ's it came with. The JJ's are higher gain I believe but sound a bit squealie compared to the Sovtek's.

The JSX is really fussy about everything in the signal chain, so once you figure out what works with the amp it's easy to dial it in.

Comment

true above ^^

and bills marshall/uberschall mix comparison makes me happy I think an uberschall and a 6100 would be the only other amps I would consider at this point in time.

Funnily enough my jsx came with jj el34's and the sovteks everywhere else. I had planned on getting a jj 6l6/preamp tube set (probably high gain) and also some tung sol's to chuck around and see what I like where.

Comment

JSX arrived new in box...havent plugged in yet. will try soon perhaps...

Comment

Working...
          X