Marshall valvestate head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall valvestate head

Ok, I just got a marshall valvestate 100v (8100) head. Ive been sorting it all out and it seems that the reverb doesnt work. It is a master reverb that effects all the channels the same. There is no on/off for the reverb on the head itself but the footswitch has a button for reverb. I assume this turns it on and off. It has no effect. I can see the reverb unit and its all connected with the 2 rca connectors. I have a fender combo amp with a reverb unit also. It works fine. Question: Can I just switch them around to see if its the reverb unit or the head that is at fault. Are the reverb units interchangeable or are they especially made for their respective amps. Its just my luck as all the reviews on this head said that it had a great reverb. Also, if there is no on/off switch for reverb on the unit, just on the footswitch, should the amp default to "on" when the footswitch is unplugged? Otherwise, I really like the head. It has one preamp tube in it. Do these last like forever, or do they need replacing like power amp tubes do. Can I just take the tube out and get it tested? Or can a tube that tests good still sound bad. Sorry for all the questions, Im just deciding whether to keep it or to hit up the seller for a discount on the non working reverb.

Hmm, I checked out the reverb pan and the out put is open circuit from the pin to the outer shell. That means theres a broken wire or something inside. I will remove it to see if its anything I can fix. Seller is ultra cool, offering a return but it might cost just as much for a new reverb pan as it would to ship it back. If I change out that one preamp tube will I have to do any adjustments or is it pretty much just plug and go.

Comment

Working...
    X