TS9 Keeley Baked Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS9 Keeley Baked Mod

Anyone have any recent experience with the TS9 baked mod done by Keeley?

What exactly are they modding and if people like it why doesn't Ibanez produce something with those mods and get that after market money themselves?
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Here's the info from Robert's site.
    Next-Generation Guitar Pedal Effects, Designed and Built in the USA

I don't have any experience with that pedal, but I do own a Keeley-modded Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive that is pretty awesome.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Here's the info from Robert's site.
      Next-Generation Guitar Pedal Effects, Designed and Built in the USA

I don't have any experience with that pedal, but I do own a Keeley-modded Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive that is pretty awesome.

Thanks for the link.

I have a Marshall AVT50 hybrid so I gather without a pure tube amp the effect of this pedal is diminished?
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

The circuit diagrams are (or used) to be up on the 'net somewhere. A mate of mine has a small sideline buying TS9s off eBay, modding them and selling them on. Not difficult if you're handy with a soldering iron.

The main mod is changing the capacitors for higher quality components, but there other such as changing the values of resistors, etc. I'll ask him next time I see him.

I've borrowed one and tried it into my tube amp, and can honestly say it's one of the best sounding pedals I've tried.

Comment

I know someone who has gone to Keeley for work several times. His work may be a bit pricey, but its very good!

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
            Thanks for the link.

I have a Marshall AVT50 hybrid so I gather without a pure tube amp the effect of this pedal is diminished?
            It'll still work on hybrid or pure solid state amps to give you a nice gain boost.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If I can ever get the extra cashflow Im planning on modding a ts9 the way brent mason has his.

Comment

Working...
              X