A little help here...stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help here...stupid question

Has anyone here ever run a stomp box in front of a rack? I'm not too happy with my preamp (a rocktron chameleon - the distortion sounds fuzzy and the bottom end isn't tight enough) and was thinking maybe I could relegate it for fx usage only. So here is the stupid question - will the preamp still colour the distortion much if I use a pedal? Will it sound like crap? :ROTF: What stomp box?

Yes, I know your gonna say get a head/new preamp/pod/dual rec/5150/(insert expensive piece of gear here) but I'm broke right now .

Thanks in advance for all responses/suggestions/answers on a postcard.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

It depends on the quality of the A/D/A converters. So it will color it a bit.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Sure, it'll work. You can even run the pedal straight into a power amp by itself... an OD/distortion pedal is basically just a preamp anyway.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Chameleon shouldn't color your tone much at all, as long as you dial in its EQ settings right. I have run various pedals into rack EQs, processors and power amps many times, and generally the only major difference between rack and pedal units are the connections. At the moment, I run my pedalboard into a rack power amp.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X