Finally matched my Triple Rec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally matched my Triple Rec

It took a while but I finally found a Matching cab for my Triple Rec. I had been using my 5150 cab while my search had continued for the rectifier cab. Since there are no local Mesa Boogie dealers, I couldn't just go buy one without having to travel 250 miles. Plus new price was way out of my price range. $899 plus tax and cost to travel would have put this cab at over $1000.

I tried ebay but the shipping always put those cabs out of reach or shipping just wasn't offered. Well my search ended yesterday. I found a guy that was local and listed it on ebay. I picked it up and jammed on it yesterday. All I can say is wow makes my amp sound totaly different. Everything is more pronounced; sustain and harmonics are much better and even my effects are clearer. I kinda realized that I have been running my effects to high in the mix. Now I'm selling my 5150 bottom cab to help finance some of the cost, but I will still keep my 5150 half stack. I never took out the complete 5150 fullstack.

Damn, I love this Interweb.

Cool, congrats. I still play my Dual Rectifier with a Marshall Cab. The rectifier cab just sounds so much better. But Mesa 4x12 cabs are a bit more than $1700 new here so it's really tough buying one. Used ones don't pop up too often and then again they are of course very expensive, considering the price for a new cab is outrageous.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Yeah, I have been Jonesing for this cab for a while, the price tag always kept me level headed. After I found this used locally I coudn't resist. I paid $580 and it's in great condition, no tears just some small scratches on the back from sliding it on its back. This is the most expensive cab that I have ever purchased. Sounds really great with the head, but know I have to tweak all my setting again because everything sounds way different.

Comment

Nice score! You gotta have the matching cab... I have a Mesa Traditional straight 4x12 that I use with my Dual. Great, high quality cab that sounds awesome.

I picked it up new at GC for $650 a few years ago! Their mistake was my gain (cab had a sale tag on it accidentally, and they had to go through with it since it was marked as such).

Comment

Yeah, I scored that PRS Custom 22 in the picture for $1000 at GC in Denver. It was NOS and it was discounted for the day. The 5150 half stack I picked up for $490 at a pawn shop in Denver during that same trip.

Comment

GC's in Arizona have this cab for $999.00 (MB) I dont feel bad now
            buying my VHT FB cab for $1029 if MB's are $1700 in some places?

Comment

Working...
            X