Keeley Modded Boss Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeley Modded Boss Pedals

I really like my stock Metalzone so I'm interested in the Keeley modded one. However, when I listen to the clips on the site, I have to be honest, I can't hear a real big difference. Does anyone own one? Is it worth it?

I'm also interested in the DS-1 Ultra mod. Anyone try that one? Does it really make your amp sound like a Marshall?

Anyways, I've read the HC reviews but would like any feedback you guys have to offer.

I play the DS-1 Ultra through a DS100. So, it sounds very much like a Marshall!! Their customer service is very good. This particular combo is a bit weird and glassy sounding with kind of a fuzzy bottom end. Maybe it would work better with a different amp.

Comment

If you're sending a pedal you already own in for mods, it might be worth it. If you're starting from scratch, there are much better options.

Never dug the Keeley Metal Zone I had. If you want marshall in a box, go for a Fulltone OCD or ZVEX Box of Rock.

Comment

I own a keeley modded bd2 and ds1. I still have both of them. Each sounds better with different amps. I also had keeley modded metal zone. I couldn't get a tone I like from it.
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Kelly stuff is nice but pricey. I mod my own pedals. My ds 1 sounds way better than stock but I want a blues driver so I may sell it and get the blues driver. I can always get another ds 1 pretty cheap and mod that one too.

Comment

Working...
          X