Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They don't make 'em like they used to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They don't make 'em like they used to...

After dropping my Marshall Valvestate 8080 in for it's first service in 15 years (!) - I was very happy to be told it only needed 3 sockets and a crunch switch replacing + 1.5hrs labour to check everything else (£45).

Man, that amp has seen some use and abuse over the years so fair play to Marshall for that one...

very nice!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yep, my valvestate (8240) has seen alot of use, in alot of places and all it's needed is a jack clean/resolder

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
        Yep, my valvestate (8240) has seen alot of use, in alot of places and all it's needed is a jack clean/resolder
        I love my 8240! I got it brand new in the early 90s. it's now my living room amp, and it's still going strong, never had to do anything to it.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I love my Silver Jubilee Micro Stack. In fact, I have three micros. The only bad part is the POS pots they use. I'm going to pull them out and put in some good quality pots. This amp deserves it - I play the hell out of it.

I love my DSL100 as well, but the transistor is just easier, just turn it on and go (no tube warm up time). What can I say, I'm impatient.

Comment

Working...
          X