Clear All

• EVH III ... And a story..

Well...i bragged about being the first to play an EVH III.. (and i was
    on this forum anyway.. Played one on the 14th! Then lets just say
    to protect the innocent.. i took one home before the 28th! I'll not
    say which 14th, and which 28th...later in court i can claim July 14th
    and July 28th! :-) So how does the Jackson Gods strike me down
    for such bragging, and such? Get it home.. plug it in..and the "Red"
    channel DOESNT Work ! It worked at GC before i took it home!
    But no matter what i tried... left clean channel #1 and "Blue" channel
    #2 only! Oh the horror... to be first..but only have 2/3rds of the amp!
    That will teach me to think im all that...
    But local authorized repair center has her all fixed up... by... the 29th!
    Tell me that aint some powers beyond my control ?? Oh well...
    at least i got to be one of the first in the world to play thru 2 of the EVH
    Channels! This thing Rocks ~!! But im going to have to see how its
    going to intregrate between the VHT and the EVH thru the GT-8...
    that is going to take a few weeks.. Get this amp! Even with problems
    its worth it! And its made in the capitol of North America too! Mexico...
    But aint everything anymore?

Bummer, looking forward to try one out.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Comment

you used the wrong tag .. then instead of using their img tag change it to www
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
          you used the wrong tag .. then instead of using their img tag change it to www
          Weird...i never had to do that before...just get rid of your Http
          and then "Paste".. So now put in www. and the paste? Thanks!

Comment

No .. their tag after the http is img .. replace that with www if you are having an issue.

The url you actually posted though was for instant message and not BB's
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              Well...i bragged about being the first to play an EVH III.. (and i was
              on this forum anyway.. Played one on the 14th! Then lets just say
              to protect the innocent.. i took one home before the 28th! I'll not
              say which 14th, and which 28th...later in court i can claim July 14th
              and July 28th! :-) So how does the Jackson Gods strike me down
              for such bragging, and such? Get it home.. plug it in..and the "Red"
              channel DOESNT Work ! It worked at GC before i took it home!
              But no matter what i tried... left clean channel #1 and "Blue" channel
              #2 only! Oh the horror... to be first..but only have 2/3rds of the amp!
              That will teach me to think im all that...
              But local authorized repair center has her all fixed up... by... the 29th!
              Tell me that aint some powers beyond my control ?? Oh well...
              at least i got to be one of the first in the world to play thru 2 of the EVH
              Channels! This thing Rocks ~!! But im going to have to see how its
              going to intregrate between the VHT and the EVH thru the GT-8...
              that is going to take a few weeks.. Get this amp! Even with problems
              its worth it! And its made in the capitol of North America too! Mexico...
              But aint everything anymore?
              I heard the amps have a special chip that senses your skill. It will "switch on" the red channel when you're ready....grasshopper. Besides, we all got problems! I have to figure out where to stack my second one!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
                I heard the amps have a special chip that senses your skill. It will "switch on" the red channel when you're ready....grasshopper. Besides, we all got problems! I have to figure out where to stack my second one!

************* I Hate YOU !! Not right that you have
                EVERYTHING! Within 2 weeks though... between my Brother in Law..
                and me... we will have 3! (i know..this means your getting 2 more...sigh)
                Oh and i would put the white one on top of the black one...and then
                put the smaller Budda on top of those.
                *** Wait a minute! Where are the 2 EVH cabs in this pic? You got
                to buy the heads only? Get rid of those Marshall cabs...and get
                4 of these new EVH cabs! Then you will be "done"!
                Last edited by Robert Burns; 06-30-2007, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Why isnt every owner of these EVH III's Screaming their praise?
                  What a Monster... Brown sound? Just plug into it... It totally
                  rips! They are not going to make them fast enough imo...
                  And the great thing will be that in a year they will drop 20%
                  in cost too.. even at $3K for the 1/2 stack...a STEAL IMO!

Comment

Whoa, waitaminnit. Did you say this thing is made in Mexico? $2,000 almost, and it's made in Mexico? Jesus Christ, what a rip. Then again, at least half of that is paying for EVH.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

And that makes a difference, really what is the difference? Made in mexico by skilled mexicans, or made in america by skilled mexicans, pretty much the same if you ask me!

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                      Whoa, waitaminnit. Did you say this thing is made in Mexico? $2,000 almost, and it's made in Mexico? Jesus Christ, what a rip. Then again, at least half of that is paying for EVH.

Comment

Well, because if they use cheap labour, then the amp should cost less. It's like when Celestion moved production to China. How come we're not getting $25 Celestions now?
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Do you think Ed's amp came off of the Mexico assembly line? I really doubt it. And in the new Guitar World, Ed goes on about how he brought in some transformers he took out of 'something else', and made Fender put these in his prototype, and then it was right. Hmmm....where might those transformers be from? I'm not knocking this EVHIII,,,,,and I'm sure it probably sounds great,,,,,,just commenting on how amps like this are "production versions" of the real thing, even though they lie about it. I don't know why he just doesn;t go all out and release a "hand made" version of what he actually uses,,same components, etc.....even though it would cost like and be a "boutique" amp,,,,it really is what he should do, instead of chasing the "let's sell millions and make me rich" bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                            And really...its "Assembled" in Mexico." Im sure thats all FMIC is
                            doing.. components and all parts shipped down there, just to save them
                            having a guy in America cost them $22 an hour to assemble it, over
                            a skilled Mexican at say $2.25 an hour. Thats more $'s for Eddie!:ROTF:

Comment

Just to make sure everyone understands,,,I have never played through this EVHIII and am not knocking it at all,,,,,my only beef is with the whole endorsement thing and how it usually works in general. Too profit driven and not honest enough. Even though I have no plans to get this amp, I was a little let down by the "made in mexico" concept,,,,I would have never guessed.
                              Last edited by lynchfan6; 06-30-2007, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X