EVH III ... And a story..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
    Saw a 5150 III over the weekend. Could not plug it in as I was in a hurry, but I was a bit dissapointed.
    It does look cheap. Hard to describe... but the head frame looked thin and wimpy. The knobs felt very loose (rotation wise) and it just looked flimsy.

There was a 6505 nearby and that sucker looked like an M1 tank next to the 5150.
    I am going back this week to plug the sucker and see what its got, but if looks tell a story.....
    I didnt get this feeling at all...my Marshall DSL 2000 seems much more
    cheaply built than the EVH. ? But we all see thru different eyes..

Comment

If you want a VH tone, get a Randall RM100, buy a brown module and have me mod it. Then you can hand pick your other two channels to suit your needs as they arise...

Pete

Comment

I have this amp in my store and I played it the day it arrived, early June.... It's one of the best I've played through in a while! I love it! I use a Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKII now, and am considering the EVH III as well! By the way.... the Guitar plays great too! I have one in my store and I just had to play it through the amp.... lets just say, they are made for each other!
        Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
          I didnt get this feeling at all...my Marshall DSL 2000 seems much more
          cheaply built than the EVH. ? But we all see thru different eyes..
          The amp I really want to know about is that Mojave in your photo!

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
            Anybody read the new GW yet? EVH cover "story." It's basically a 12-page ad for the new 5150 amp masquerading as an interview. Doesn't mention the MIM detail, though. Doesn't mention where the Celestion G12's are made, either.

Besides my doubts that this thing does anything that other amps can't also do — many better — the claims about the "truly clean" channel kinda irk me. NEWS FLASH! A "truly clean" channel does NOT have a Gain control!! Moron.

Power and standby switches on the back. Stupid.

The channel switching is "instantaneous?" Hey, wow. Just like on *EVERY FUCKING AMP* I've ever owned, even my first Peavey Bandit.

Round hole perforated plate on the head, cloth on the cab front. Retarded, retarded, retarded.
            Yeah, I'm reading the 5150 III story in GW and I say its fuckin ridiculous! The best amp he's every played? gimme a break! I did play on this amp and it is good. but not $2000 good. Transformer is the most important part of that amp? I bet Eddie is up to his usual tricks of throwing people on the wrong track. Those who want to copy this amp will be stuck thinking "hmm, now where can I get a transformer that will match the EVH III's??" :ROTF:

The channel switching WAS a problem with at least the 5150. There was a "POP" sound while changing from lead channel at high-gain settings to the rhythm. I had to time my channel changing for a smooth switching. If they addressed it in this amp, then that's good.

Looks like everyone missed out mentioning about the custom cabinet with EVH custom celestions. EVH says that this is the first time in history an artist has got a signature speaker. So to get the "complete" EVH tone, you gotta have a Frankie, EVH III and cab. 25,000 + 2000 + 1000= A Lot of ballocks!! :ROTF:
            Last edited by emperor_black; 07-09-2007, 02:13 PM.
            Sam

Comment

Working...
            X