Crunch channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunch channels

no matter what amp I'm playing the crunch channel ... or clean channel with crunch option on ... is always quiet compared to any lead channel (hi-gain amps). Is it because of the circuitcity or does it depend on the comapany ?

also, what amps have the best crunch channels ?

My JSX has independent level dials for each channel so it's not a problem. BTW, the crunch channel on the JSX is what I use about 90% of the time.

Comment

One of the best crunch channels I have ever heard came from a Marshall DSL100.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        One of the best crunch channels I have ever heard came from a Marshall DSL100.
        I play a DSL100. That crunch channel is hard to beat as far as crunch goes. I often leave it on crunch for weeks at a time with the gain down low and add gain with a Visual Sound Route 66 pedal as required.

Comment

The Peavey 5150 clean channel with the crunch button pushed in is the best sound on that Amp....
          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            I play a DSL100. That crunch channel is hard to beat as far as crunch goes. I often leave it on crunch for weeks at a time with the gain down low and add gain with a Visual Sound Route 66 pedal as required.
            I did the same with my DSL and a metal screamer. Shame the DSL's are such shit quality wise.
            Guitars:
            '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
            '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
            '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
            Amp:
            VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
              I did the same with my DSL and a metal screamer. Shame the DSL's are such shit quality wise.
              What kind of issues have you had? I've had good luck so far (knock on wood)

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
                The Peavey 5150 clean channel with the crunch button pushed in is the best sound on that Amp....
                that's what I'm playing through right now and that's why I'm asking. I really like that channel but the lead channel ... meh ...

Comment

My band used TSL's and DSL's and we had absolutely no problems at all with them. Gigging, recording, rehearsing.. they were flawless.
                  A bunch of other equipment crapped out but the Marshalls were 100% reliable.

Comment

3-channel VHT crunch channels are rediculously good! So are some ENGL models.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by madryan View Post
                      My JSX has independent level dials for each channel so it's not a problem. BTW, the crunch channel on the JSX is what I use about 90% of the time.
                      My crunch channel is alot quieter than my ultra channel on my JSX

Comment

Working...
                      X