Mesa mark 3 and 4 are they similar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa mark 3 and 4 are they similar?

Hey guys are the mark 3 and mark 4 the same amp except for more options? I'm looking at a 3 and its going for around 700. I;m only looking at rhythm and lead tones with hi gain ,not concerned with cleans. I like Petruccis tone sometimes ,usually when he's playin the mark series amps but the 4 is almost double the price.

i never had a 3, but i think the 4 is more complicated. i had a 4, and found it to be a nightmare!!! hahaha, it never sounded the same two days in a row!! the 4 iscertainly a tweakers dream, and i LOVE tweaking....but it got old REALLY quick.

oh, and the mark 4 was my dream amp, if that tells you anything.

most guys around here LOVE the mark 3's.....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have both...and I love both.

They are based on the same basic design...

They are very similar....The Mark IV has more technical versatility and streamlining of functions but my Mark III blue Stripe beats the IV in terms of sheer balls and overall tone. Can't say why exactly.

I bought the III well used and the IV Brand new.

Both absolutley nail tones like early RATT, Dokken, Ozzy, MOP era Metallica, Stryper, etc.

Either one comes highly recommended by me, FWIW.
      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
        I have both...and I love both.

They are based on the same basic design...

They are very similar....The Mark IV has more technical versatility and streamlining of functions but my Mark III blue Stripe beats the IV in terms of sheer balls and overall tone. Can't say why exactly.

I bought the III well used and the IV Brand new.

Both absolutley nail tones like early RATT, Dokken, Ozzy, MOP era Metallica, Stryper, etc.

Either one comes highly recommended by me, FWIW.
        +1

MK III's will have some more sizzle & pop (in a good way) to their sound, whereas a Mk IV is a bit more smooth in its gain and tones.

If you only need a couple of REALLY good tones, I'd go the MK III route. And you don't seem to care, but the clean channels on Marks is something to revere just as well.

Best amps ever? Yes.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

The Mark III is better for old school 80's metal. The Mark IV is also outstanding. Personally.. I would choose a Mark IV over a Mark III only because of the additional channel and the extra tweakability. Its almost impossible to get all 3 channels on the Mark III to sound good at the same time.

Comment

Working...
          X