Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Shit!!

I just received my latest amp addition.
    Rivera Knucklehead TRE w/Reverb. Holy smokes!!! what a beast.

Plugged in my Charvie Greenie straight in no FX and gave it a spin. Damn...
    Gain out the ass, a clean channel ala par with Fender, cavernous Reverb on tap and a clever footswitch and layout operations like Rivera always does.

I am so freakin impressed with this thing. It is so fluid, even at max gain settings. I mean, I did not tweak it for more than five minutes and I was already ripping through it. Note definition is outstanding and loud as a SOB!
    However, I can use the FX loop as a master and crank the fucker, so at low volumes I can get nut tingling tones.
    With the foundation control you can play with the bass response like on a 5150, very cool.

I played it for about 30 minutes and already love the little bugger.
    I have owned Rivera's K-55, KHR-55 and now KTRE-100 all different, but all loud as hell and all good at what they do.
    I have a new toy, can't wait to take it to practice and blow the drummer off the room.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

awesome. i love my rivera's. i need to get over and see what perry has in stock. haven't bought anything for a while....

aren't the efx loops awesome? i used to use mine as a gain boost.

rivera's are awesome. congrats!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I saw a recent ad for these myself and it did look very impressive.
      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
      Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Rivera amps are nice. They dont test them in a controlled dead room . They design there amps based on being played in a live room with other players there.

Comment

Mark,
          I talked to Perry and the only thing he had left were K 4x12 cabs.
          He's got a couple of TREs coming, one TRE w/Verb and another w/o Verb.
          I am looking to get a K 2X12.
          If you haven't checked a TRE give it a whirl, its a beast.

Comment

cool. did he have any bogner stuff in stock? i am WAAAYYYY to lazy to drive over there!!!

i wanna try the tre....seems a little cooler than the KHR100. i ended up getting rid of that one. i just prefer my old M100 and S120 heads......

the tre is a smaller box, right? i didn't like the size of the KHR at all....
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The TRE is a smaller box.
              I still have my KHR55 that I use with a Marshall 1936 & a Rivera SUB1. Devastating package. You are right the KHR is a full size head.

I did not ask him a bout Bogner stuff although I know he had an Uber a month or so ago. I usually call him first as it is a hike for me as well.

Comment

Working...
              X