Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting tired of my guitarport, any better options for headphone practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just set up my iPad with the Apogee Jam, Jamup Pro Xt and BIAS. It would be great for the bedroom but in my case it's for work. It no Axe Fx but for practicing it's more than serviceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
      Bull tacos. I've got an Axe-FX that is amazing for practice, recording and live.

I smell a unintentional troll.
      I think he posted before the axe-fx was ever available. This one is a necro-bump.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yamaha THR 10 sounds freakin' killer.
        Try one you just might be impressed.Acts just like a tube amp when you crank it.
        Headphones,MP3 plug and its an interface as well.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          I think he posted before the axe-fx was ever available. This one is a necro-bump.
          Holy cow, this is a necro thread and the Axe FX came out in 2006.

Comment

sorry guys I was saying that this thread was old,old old.."I was just replying to one of the comments"..i didn't mean to get somthing started again...this thread was from 2007..ha.ha..sorry guys....I didn't think it would bring it all the way to the front.damn...

Comment

IK multimedia stealth plug and Metal + Hendrix packs for that.
              Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
              Jackson "Phobia" King-V
              BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
              SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
              Laney TF300
              Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                That is mainly because you have 4x12" pounding your body with air pressure + nice, real life reflections coming from the room.

You can't compare that to 2x1" tiny speakers placed a few milimeters from your ears (headphones, no reflections). It's two different worlds.
                This, right here, needs to be carved in stone and added to the Pledge Of Allegiance and every country's National Anthem, because it's the core of the problem *every fucking time*. I cannot understand why anyone would expect this to not be true or common sense. Maybe if they said "through my headphone amp, I get this really great Tele-twang that's perfect for Skynrd and Old Hank, but when I play through my tube amp, it changes to Black Death Doom tones, what's the problem?", then you could have an issue worth mentioning, but to basically say "my 2" mylar headphone speakers (or 1/4" earPuds) don't seem to have the same "kick in the nuts" that a single/2x/4x 12" paper cone metal frame bolted-into-a-wood-cabinet speakers do, WTF?" is infinitely deserving of a high five to the face.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X