Question on Bogner Ecstasy red channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Bogner Ecstasy red channel

Just heard a bogner ecstasy today and the tone was outstanding. So was the price . Can a MK IV get me those red channel tones? I really was liking that amp (bogner) but it is extremely high priced ,for me. I know the mesa is expensive too but its cheaper then the bogner. Been thinking on a MK for a while just waiting for a good deal on the bay but after hearing the Bogner I'm not sure if the Mesa will satisfy me. Thanks.

I never owned an Mark IV to tweak it to exactly how I'd want it to be but they are an enirely a different animal than the Ecstasy.

I kept putting off the Bogner because the price as well, even bought other amps to pacify the need but that Bogner tone kept haunting and haunting me...finally bit the bullet a few years ago and scored one on eBay
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Bill will be by shortly... heh heh... Everything you need to know about the bogner. Ask Bill.

Comment

I've owned 2 Mesa MKIVs and just picked up a new 2007 Bogner XTC 101b a few weeks ago, and the short answer to your question is no. They are two very different sounding amps. The MKIV has a many great tones, but the lead sound of the XTC red channel isn't there. The MKIV sounds buzzier/fuzzier while the XTC is warmer, and much smoother.

Just a side note on the XTC 101b is that the newer models from about mid 2006 on now have a revoiced red channel with the addition of the red channel gain mod which was optional before 2006, now it's standard on all new 101b amps. The red channel is now a bit tighter, brighter, and cuts a lot better thru a mix than before.

Comment

Working...
        X