My 6505+ settings...Pic Heavy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 6505+ settings...Pic Heavy!!!

I thought I'd share these settings with you, might not be to many tastes, but it's the best I've ever got out of this amp. I have to thank a lot of people on this forum for their knowledge and advice, especially Bill, who I personally think should be heading the R&D team at Peavey.

I'm running my 6505+ through a stock Marshall 900 series 4x12 at 16 ohms.

Through the loop;

Send - Boss RV5 reverb - Digitech X series Digidelay - Return.

Out front it's as follows;

Charvel SD reissue pointy with OFR and 1 Seymour Duncan - Line 6 Uber Metal - Boss NS2 - 6505+.

The following pictures are my settings.

Hope these are of some use to someone.

Wow, Sean..Your settings were very close to mine..

Of course I don't have to tell you about the perfect marrigage of 5150s and 'ol BBE 422s right..they just wake 'em up big time..I'm a very firm believer of that!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill - How well does the BBE work with the Uber?
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
        Bill - How well does the BBE work with the Uber?
        Absolutely horrible..it vomits as soon as you put it in the loop!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Wow, Sean..Your settings were very close to mine..
          Xactly what I was thinking!! But I used those eq settings on my 5150's lead channel. Almost same anyways. I remember the post being between 0 and 1. the max I got was 1 1/2.
          Last edited by emperor_black; 07-11-2007, 03:43 PM.
          Sam

Comment

Mine are more like...

Pregain: 4
            Bass: 6-7
            Mid: 3
            Treble: 4

But I'm running an overdrive into it to tighten up the bass and give it that extra oomph! Fucking KILLER tone! Mids might look low, but it's a 5150. With the mids at 0, it's like any other amp with the mids at 11, haha....

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
              Mine are more like...

Pregain: 4
              Bass: 6-7
              Mid: 3
              Treble: 4

But I'm running an overdrive into it to tighten up the bass and give it that extra oomph! Fucking KILLER tone! Mids might look low, but it's a 5150. With the mids at 0, it's like any other amp with the mids at 11, haha....
              Wassuppi brosepeppi Dumpi Wumpi..

Alot of dudes do that, so I'm reading..I never use a stomp. Think of trying one with the Bogner. So, what is your stomp of choice..a Maxon, TS-9..808..Boss SD-1 / OD-1..seem to be the standards..

Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Wassuppi brosepeppi Dumpi Wumpi..

Alot of dudes do that, so I'm reading..I never use a stomp. Think of trying one with the Bogner. So, what is your stomp of choice..a Maxon, TS-9..808..Boss SD-1 / OD-1..seem to be the standards..

Bill Z

I actually am running a Boss GT5 using the 4 cable method so that I have a decent clean sound, so I'm just using the built in Natural Overdrive stomp in the GT5, sounds killer! Haven't AB'd it against a TS9, OD808 or OD1 yet though. That's what I love about the GT5 versus the GT6 and GT8, you can turn the Loop on and off without sacrificing your ability to turn on the overdrives, since to turn on the loop in the GT6 and GT8 you have to set the overdrive to external...It's nice having them as separate functions, NO idea why they changed it...

Comment

Working...
                X